Megadimension Neptunia VII

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Good news Neptunia fans.

Idea Factory announced that Megadimension Neptunia VII will be available on the Nintendo Switch on July 28th, 2020. It will have a 20% discount for the first three weeks after its release. Its original price tag is $29.99/£26.99.

Paid DLC as seen on the PS4 and Steam will also be available for those interested.

Megadimension Neptunia VII Gameplay Trailer:

Key features of the game:
  • Parts Break & Giant Battles - Parts Break lets you split enemies into pieces to decrease their stats and prevent them from using special attacks while Giant Battles lets you impose limits for a challenge.
  • Three Worlds - Play through three dimensions to save Gamindustri.
  • Next Mode - lets you transform your Goddesses to the NEXT level to break those big baddies into bits, featuring special skills and a special Goddess costume.
  • Spelunker-esque Dungeon Minigame - an additional dungeon where you can get a special item if you clear it under the stated time limit. It's supposed to be a omage to the classic Spelunker.
I've never played a Neptunia game before but I've seen a lot about it, so I guess it's very popular. This one doesn't look bad at all and I'm actually curious about how its gameplay holds up.

What do you guys think about Megadimension Neptunia VII?

Reactions: SmugWolff and AricAttack
I've heard they are moderately easy games and the idea doesn't seem bad. I'm not sure if the stories are connected based on the title. I think I'd only get this one if I really enjoyed Super Neptunia RPG. I'd kinda want to play other games first like that not-so SMT/FE crossover game. Spelunker also sounds fun, but why in an RPG?

I've heard they are moderately easy games
Didn't Super Neptunia RPG give you hell? :p

Didn't Super Neptunia RPG give you hell? :p
Call me lazy and easily entertained by side-quests. It's also a pretty big game. Well worth getting.

As the neptunia games are all kinda mostly stand alone, I'd probably reccomend playing the 3 re;birth games before playing this one, but you would be able to understand what's going on if you just jump right into this one. This one however is hailed as one of the best neptunia games so far, and it does live up to that imo. It's a pretty standard JRPG but the story and humour are unique and really good. Just a classic kind of idea factory game, unique but follows normal genres somehow.

Good price too, more expensive then the steam version (£15.49) but expected of a switch game tbh. Really damn suprised that this game onto the switch before the re;birth series however, that just seems like the weirdest move, hopefully they'll be on soon as well.

I think I'd only get this one if I really enjoyed Super Neptunia RPG.

That was a spin off game that is different to the main series

Spelunker also sounds fun, but why in an RPG?

Dungeon crawlers in IF games are par for the course, it's just how it is. In JRPGs in general, a type of dungeon crawler is common. It's also just a fun lil additional minigame so why not :p The nep series is all about dumb stupid fun xD

also, I wouldn't say the games are easy. You can very much make them easy if you want to, there's some free DLCs on steam for the games which give you OP items to help you if you get really stuck, but overall it's kinda just a JRPG, if you sit and grind in an area for a while then yea you'll probably be overlevelled, if you rush through the story then you'll probably hit points where you're underlevelled.

Reactions: Marc
Nep Nep!

Finally I can play it on the go! Even though it's one of the worst in the series... lol

Even though it's one of the worst in the series... lol

First time I've heard this by far, why you say that?

First time I've heard this by far, why you say that?
I didn't like it that much, feels too different from the games before it and the new characters felt pretty shallow. They also introduced a God Eater side character and got how God Eaters work pretty badly. VIIR is a much better game but still not that great.

VIIR is a much better game but still not that great.

isn't VIIR just the same game but with some added VR scenes? :redpanda:

Reactions: SmugWolff
Yep, that's why its better, I can live the weeb fantasy with it!

• Funny
Reactions: 28142
wait... VR SCENES?!
EEEEEEEEEEE

Reactions: SmugWolff
Back