Metroid Prime: Blast Ball

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
It got released the eShop not too long ago apparently, and it's totally free (even though for some reason Nintendo thinks it's a demo... Well, for a "demo", it still have some content!)

So far, aside from the weird default controls (Type A is weird, but Type B makes the game better, especially if you have a CPP or a New 3DS), it's pretty fun, and it even have local (Download Play, Local Wireless) and online multiplayer.

And for those having amiibo, you can scan them to get some customization stuff (well... that said, for me, scanning 2 amiibo(s) gave me only one thing... so maybe it's not really that much).

Other than that, gameplay-wise, you have to shoot a ball (as in, FPS shooting a giant ball) with a mecha
in order to score goals (kinda like football), and for every goal, the size of the goal shrinks, which makes comebacks possible for the losing team. Add to this the presence of various bonus and the fact you can destroy your opponents' mechas to "take them out" for a while, and have an easier time winning. It's a team game, with 3 players on each team.

Have you tried it ? What's your opinion on it so far ?

I agree, I think this could've been a game mode along with the Federation Force game. It would be like buying CoD Zombies or multiplayer without the campaign.

Recently, I messed up my micro SD card and lost my +1147 rating (Along with MH4u Data), but I do like the game.

I never looked at the control settings, I'll give Type B a try.

My hubby gave it a try and he said it was alright but would get a bit boring after a while. I can kinda agree with him. It may be fun for some but get boring fast for others cause there is nothing else to keep the interest. It's just up to what a person gets enjoyment out of and for a stand alone game I can see some people getting so fun out of the game but for my self I would get bored after a while.

Back