Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Yaaaaaaaadooooooooooon
Towns Folk
Wat are your fav and least fav metroidvania games
My favs would be Aria of Sorrow,Circle of the Moon and Dawn of Sorrow

My least favourite would be Symphony of The Night and Harmony of Dissonance

The AI of the bosses in Hod is pretty bad,heres an example:
The first boss is supposed to shoot fireballs and drill into the ground,but when i battled it,it shot fireballs:

Sotn is an good game,but it bugs me how Konami didnt realise some major flaws,like the karasuman/malphas boss battle

Wat battling Malphas is like in sotn(Game footage not recorded by me):

Fixed version in Dos(same as the version from sotn):

judging by comparison,malphas doesnt seem to attack due to the boss rooms small size

Last edited:
Once again, Symphony of the Night is NOT metroidvania! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroidvania get the facts straight before you make these threads. Moving on, my favorite one would be Order of Ecclesia, as it's the only actual metroidvania game on here.

erm....
Sotn is listed as metroidvania on the wikipedia page......
same goes for every other title i consider as that............
Now BEFORE we go into an game genre war,metroidvania means that it uses elements from castlevania(jump n run passages from castlevania,sub weapon heart system) and metroid(you cant progress until you have item X)

erm....
Sotn is listed as metroidvania on the wikipedia page......
same goes for every other title i consider as that............
Read again, the metroidvania games only borrow elements from SotN and the similar Castlevania games, but do NOT include them.

so,what do i call these now?These arent traditional castlevania games

They are regular Castlevania games, that simply don't focus on the Belmont family.

The thing that makes them different to the rest is NOT that it doesnt feature the belmont family.
What makes them different is that these are non linear (i kinda did an mistake with putting simons quest in the other thread)

Dracula is supposed to resurrect on specific dates and the GBA games fill in the missing ones from the main series, so they aren't exactly non-linear. For the rest though I will have to agree to some degree.

Linear = You beat the boss,youre in the next level and you cant go back
Non linear = You can backtrack after being able to go to a new area

Linear = You beat the boss,youre in the next level and you cant go back
Non linear = You can backtrack after being able to go to a new area
Sorry, got confused there and mixed them up. In the ones you listed, the only time that happens is during the final boss. Anyway, I'm still going with SotN!

Back