[MGS] do you think that Snate Eater 3D is better than Peace walker?

• Thread starter wyll001
  • Start date

do you?

• totally better ^◡^

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "MGS"? what's that? =|

• i never played Peace Walker, i dunno E-)

• right 'till not, i just played Snake Eater 3D v(°_°)v

• "3D"? i never heard that, (Kaz, confirm it)

• Total voters
wyll001

wyll001

Dragon of the Blue Moon
Towns Folk
i be straight to the point: you think Snake Eater 3D is better than Peace Walker?

Nope.

In fact, I think Snake Eater 3D is even worse than the original PS2 version. Not saying it isn't a great game, but they tried to fix what wasn't broken with the Peace Walker-esque gameplay. Peace Walker was designed with that camera in mind, but Snake Eater came out almost a decade before SE3D and it was meant to have changing and often fixed camera angles. You can't see as much of the useful environmental stuff - let's take beehives as an example - in SE3D as you could in the original Snake Eater. I'm not much of a Subsistence version fan either, I guess.

In terms of story, Peace Walker and Snake Eater are fairly equal. Both have great stories. Both the PSP and 3DS games are almost equal in terms of visuals (please don't post screenshots showing me that SE3D is one pixel finer than whatever) and the controls in Peace Walker are preferable - having both crawling and crouching in SE3D is awkward, at least for me.

The additional features such as photo-camouflage were cool, but lots of people told me they didn't work well, that taking a picture of pretty much anything would get you 100% camo, which is cool for cheats but doesn't let you enjoy the game as much.

In terms of gameplay, I prefer 3D, because it has the MGS3 style, with the possibility of eating animals and cure yourself (although I miss the radar from MGS1).
Peace Walker is good, but they changed the gameplay in a way I didn't like. But I do like the Fulton Recovery System!
Story-wise, I think we have a draw, 'cause both endings ALMOST made me cry (and PW explains some things of 3).

Reactions: 18
Back