MH stories post game high rank farming issues, upgrade problems

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so i managed to finish the game and it wasnt that bad, but now im at more of a snag... farming high rank upgrades for armor and weapons especially for any subspecies like black gravios, stygian zinogre, etc. i dont know if im equipped for a high rank stygian yet, even a standard low rank one hits pretty bad. ive heard some people say that brachydios is the worst monster in the game to fight (lol when they decide to attempt the dark demise haha...). i fought him once yesterday and even though i had to use a couple potions he wasnt that hard. the only mild or possible problem is just like in the main games, getting blast blighted. but blast be gone item if you cant stay high health enough and hope he doesnt kill you. shouldnt be hard if youre careful as with most late/ post game stuff unless youre talking about dark demise, kushala daora, teostra etc (basically all elders, but silver rathalos is pretty hard too).

now to the point... i can find normal high rank large monsters without too much trouble, but idk if theres a decent way to farm the subspecies high rank for parts and upgrades. the high rank seems a bit restrictive in stories and you can only find them in high rank dens, HR rare dens, and then the two bonus areas: the tower (im not using the tower for this so please suggest something else, it takes too much to rinse and repeat this area especially the higher levels) and the labyrinth. im using the HR dens for now but ive already spent an hour before bed yesterday trying to farm a HR ash kecha wacha and not a single one spotted. im thinking of trying the charms that help spawn rare monsters more easily but world better forbid i run into something im not ready to tackle like kushala daora and teostra, idk if im ready for kirin yet either and if possible id like anyone to confirm if you can smoke bomb out of these when theyre randoms encounters as well... i dont have a full team set up for these super monsters yet so i wont be able to attempt them for a while. im assuming the dark demise is very late labyrinth/ tower/ sub quest locked so i doubt i have to watch out for him when using a charm to spawn sub species faster... any advice for HR farming without getting to the end of the tower? im still working on making a full decent team for the hardest stuff so please avoid suggestions regarding the tower or getting as far as possible in the labyrinth. im willing to do the labyrinth because of the rng here but i cant beat elder dragons yet if those decide to pop up so gonna need to paw pass outside and start over for a different room/ spawns

Back