MHGU: event nakarkos might be impossible... any luck experts?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i recently did what was supposed to be a special G rank monster showcase for some friends as a fun bonus, and i decided to pick event nakarkos and... boy was that a huge mistake...

it definitely ended up being a showcase alright, no question there. even using valor apparently every attack he uses one shots you. not just the death beam anymore: every attack. the same seems to be the case with EX deviants and some G5 ones as well. but the thing thats much worse here is we are looking at a monster that is an ultra health sponge to begin with and even gives high rank level players a hard time because of timing out or lack of supplies to continue (even worse on G rank for him). We were so baffled by it the first 2 attempts i legit dropped my controller and shook my head in shock. all i could say was "what? what just happened?" The first time my team failed the quest i asked one of the randoms if every attack is instant death as i was too shocked to really comprehend exactly what happened here the first fail and they said yes. I tried another 3-5 times and these attempts werent much better. this was so unspeakably absurd i had to take a break after the first hour of this total insanity.

keep in mind when reading all of this that im not a top of the line expert but i know im pretty good with LBG and enjoy it. tbh my partners mightve been more skilled at the game than me but when every hit kills you well... lets just say that probably shouldnt count. i dont really think being one shotted by any attack that hits you should immediately equal youre bad at the game. ive tried to look up videos or threads about how to tackle this horrid monstrosity but i couldnt find anything at all (note that this is the event G rank quest for him, not the standard G4). based on how all of that went and knowing almost nobody is a perfect player im going to guess no one has beaten it or only 2-6 out of hundreds of players have beaten it which isnt a great step forward... most likely they went through mounds of what i did here for an hour which sounds like a complete nightmare. i probably will never complete this event quest, cant even word how horrendous it is...

Anyone besides me think this one seems impossible?

Here's a bit of information on it: https://monsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Nakarkos

His Weaknesses are Dragon & Fire

The mucus aurora doesn't appear after the large dragon beam

Fandom Wiki said:
  • Nakarkos's tentacles, back, face tentacles, and beak can be broken. The outer shell can be wounded and then broken. The back of its shell can be gathered from.
  • It has two map icons.
  • When enraged, the spots on its body will change from a light blue color to bright red. The area it's fought in, the Wyvern's End, will also grow darker save for a ghostly blue light.
  • When Nakarkos is using different types of monster parts to fight, a Sonic Bomb can be used to destroy the parts it is using.
  • When it uses its dragon beam, Tranq Bombs can be used to stop Nakarkos, much like Yama Tsukami.
  • Breaking the Nakarkos's tentacles will cause the black mist around it to disappear.
    • In its first phase, breaking a tentacle only causes the mist on that side of its body to disappear. In its second phase, breaking a tentacle dispels the mist around its face.
  • If hunters make Nakarkos flinch, it will drop Ballista ammo as a shiny.
  • Nakarkos' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.

Here's a bit of information on it: https://monsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Nakarkos

His Weaknesses are Dragon & Fire

The mucus aurora doesn't appear after the large dragon beam
ok thanks for responding but im aware of how to tackle the fight, the problem at this point is the fact he can one shot you with every attack... i would link a youtube video if i could but i only found videos for the normal G4 quest, not the event G4 super nakarkos. hes easy on high rank and G4 is manageable but the event is absolutely horrid (too many one hit kills and some bad hitboxes). have you attempted the G rank even one by any chance?

Reactions: Jisenku
ok thanks for responding but im aware of how to tackle the fight, the problem at this point is the fact he can one shot you with every attack... i would link a youtube video if i could but i only found videos for the normal G4 quest, not the event G4 super nakarkos. hes easy on high rank and G4 is manageable but the event is absolutely horrid (too many one hit kills and some bad hitboxes). have you attempted the G rank even one by any chance?
Oof, I don't even own Ultimate. I just linked some info for it

Oof, I don't even own Ultimate. I just linked some info for it
oh oops, i see then... no worries, hopefully once i get back to the game i will manage to take him down though with other players. he is brutal on G rank event quest and its almost impossible to survive anything he hits you with... i checked the kiranico damage chart for him on this quest and if i understood what i read right on the numbers he has horrendous damage multipliers which would explain why me and teammates kept being one hitted anytime we got attacked... 12x damage from any of the small heads on the sides, no wonder we died so fast...

Reactions: Jisenku
Back