MHGU: G rank event nakarkos beaten! not so immortal..?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i was pretty well convinced that the G rank event nakarkos was near immortal for quite a while, i had many partners who were getting one shotted (not by the death beam) from almost every attack, i also got one shotted from the charging attack in formation 1, along with the duo laser from the small heads as well (this hits VERY hard... i had a +10 dragon defense on my prowler and this still killed me right away). if you dont get one shotted by the double charge attack in his first formation, the second one he immediately follows up with probably will kill you. i havent seen anyone survive this many times. and if all this didnt sound bad enough, from what i also read he has 33,000 health! yes... im serious. this thing is so brutal i honestly thought it might be impossible after a whole hour of not really getting anywhere with 4 people who were actually decent players in terms of skill.

fortunately it seems like the quitters tend to avoid the super ones in this game, so that wasnt really the issue. i actually dropped it for a while until recently though, and i joined with 2 other prowler players and we took it down without too many problems. the very notable thing about this fight on G rank is nakarkos has a bad habit of chaining his death beam which always kills you regardless of anything, and based on personal observation he seems to do this up to 3 full charges in a row which is very ruinous for anyone. but if youre doing prowler either for fun or to play it safe, there is a more reliable way to avoid this. either use emergency retreat or soothing roll towards the side and it will never kill you. i did a soothing roll and vaulted right through his death beam without any trouble. yes--even if you touch it after using this the move ignores the guaranteed instant kill as long as you dont cancel the move before he stops turning it. this is absolutely the best way possible to avoid the move with pretty much zero risk.

ive fought nakarkos plenty of times with HBG on some fun solo hunts on HR, and on G rank i would use a farcaster but he trolled me a number of times and cheapshotted me with another death beam before i even hit the ground going back in. probably as cheap as it gets too.... tell me how that was a fair way to die capcom... =/ at least with prowler i dont need to worry about him doing that. another one thats dangerous here is valtrax's crash landing which also can one shot, but with soothing roll on prowler its not really a threat anymore lol.

so the point of all this? well, to just remember its a game of skill more than of blunt power. prowler mains have gotten some very unfair and negative criticism just because they arent as fast as heavy bogun people and other stuff. but they can generally be as goof as any hunter weapon in skilled hands. if we did that seemingly immortal event G rank nakarkos, anyone probably can. i believe the DLC lao shan lung may be worse though, i will ask prowler experts how prowlers handle him. gunner i just outdamage him (but easily end up with very low ammo, he has a ton of health. was on my last 10 rapid shots when i carried an online friend who got stuck).

Reactions: Jisenku
This is why I love the Prowlers, I have only played the demos of MH (but I do have MHW), and the Prowlers are my favorite character to use, really agile, and can pack a punch.

BTW, GG on destroying that dood with a Prowler

Reactions: Kadaj
This is why I love the Prowlers, I have only played the demos of MH (but I do have MHW), and the Prowlers are my favorite character to use, really agile, and can pack a punch.

BTW, GG on destroying that dood with a Prowler
thanks, my teammates were also very good. it was actually a friend who suggested trying soothing roll on his death beam but i hadnt tried it because i was afraid to accidentally suicide since it kills you regardless of defense lol... turns out it really does ignore it though! its also funny because someone can be an average hunter and still get outmatched by a prowler just because of skill level variations... i saw someone spend 30+ minutes on one HR akantor and i killed it under 15 minutes with a prowler, the hunter user was using a hammer as well lol...

its always a game of skill =)

Reactions: Jisenku
thanks, my teammates were also very good. it was actually a friend who suggested trying soothing roll on his death beam but i hadnt tried it because i was afraid to accidentally suicide since it kills you regardless of defense lol... turns out it really does ignore it though! its also funny because someone can be an average hunter and still get outmatched by a prowler just because of skill level variations... i saw someone spend 30+ minutes on one HR akantor and i killed it under 15 minutes with a prowler, the hunter user was using a hammer as well lol...

its always a game of skill =)
Hammer to the head, makes em dead
Hammer to the legs, makes em plebs
Hammer the body, you shouldn't feel too gaudy
Hammer the air, and you should be scared

um what?

well at any rate, i will probably do LBG only when monster hunter rise is out since blademaster is too hard for me. valor HBG will probably be gone sadly, this was a fun thing to learn and so was prowler even though i wasnt an expert at either. im not sure how people go blademaster the entire game of any monster hunter, its way too hard for me personally. so i will go back to some solo LBG runs opnext year on MHGU to hopefully warm up for rise release.

also hoping quests scale down for solo, this will make things pretty fun and interesting for me! also wont have to worry about wait 30+ minutes for one gamw just to run out of time to play, or get a group of quitters who shouldnt have joined a room for hard deviants and so forth. thats generally my biggest hope for rise, i hope capcom does that from now on so we have a bit more freedom as average or non expert monster hunter players, its a reasonable thing to do since it can make full lobbies harder whereas make solos easier and less daunting (more health and damage for more players, less for one or two players and so forth). its a fun and reasonable thing i hope to see next =)

Back