MHGU G rank hub common and/ or stupid issues online

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so on my series of overall G rank hub grinds, ive noticed theres some common and probably stupid issues with the online in this game... sometimes the things im about to describe happen more than other times like usual, so when reading this know youre not 100% guaranteed to get bad or very babyish randoms. in fact ive actually run into a handful of normal and reasonable players so i wouldnt say to give up on everyone when a quest is too hard to farm or beat alone (we all know the deviants and that white fatalis).

the 'I died so i quit right away' person: ok... im really in all honesty speechless about this one. the only thing i know how to say to this is 'wow, just wow...' and not much else along that line in terms of my legit reaction to this. for whatever reason half or more of the ones who did this on my end were prowler players. i dont know how they carted in less than 5 minutes, ive known palicoes to have relatively supreme survivability considering they can warp and heal as much as needed for the most part... i got so annoyed a few times seeing palico users do this i kicked several other ones that entered as i was on a hardcore deviant grind and didnt want another cheap quitter. i dont like to single out palico mains tbh, i have also seen some blademaster hunters quit in the same fashion (and roughly the same amount of time), but my experiences had more prowlers doing this for whatever reason. this really sucks as ive seen a few more ethical palico users who know what to expect and do their best until theyre out of time to play, it really makes the community of palico mains look very bad when so many of them do the exact opposite and i kinda feel bad for the good ones here...

joining to do the quest i want instead of what the hub reads another common and rather embarrassing problem... i am always as specific as possible with the quests i need to do when i create a room. so much to the point where its glaringly obvious. then some knucklehead joins my raging brachydios room and posts a quest for a G rank malefestio instead... sir did you even read the hub title and quest target? its very awkward when this happens tbh, and ive even had other partners tell them that its the wrong monster. then they cancel and immediately leave.... wow, again. just wow people...

the toxic jerk who joins to make fun of people and act like theyre the best ok so fortunately ive only run into this twice across 700+ hours of gameplay (mostly co op time). this isnt nearly as common as the above two thankfully, but occasionally there are people who either make fun of the others for dying during a very difficult quest (G rank alatreon... if its so easy sir do it yourself. most likely this idiot probably cant and just acted like he could) or just join to be a dumb troll and tease one random person in the hub. very straightforward solution, no mercy for these ones at all, kick them out and block them. theres no reason to keep someone who is being a stupid troll or teasing other partners in the lobby for long. blocking them seems to prevent them from joining your hubs again so not hard to deal with unlike the above two where its more awkward and embarrassing than a very straightforward solution being available.

so overall, i like the online in this game, most of the people are very respectful and patient putting the odd and strange ones out (how did you even get this far by quitting on the first cart of the first game?? lol....), the top two options seem like the more common issues with randoms, whereas the third problem listed has only happened twice. so most likely those ones dont even play that often and only join to troll and tease others because theyre bored and for whatever reason cant do something better. idk why people do that in general, its very dumb and honestly doesnt make sense at all.

so has anyone else had any common or annoying problems online in this game?

Back