MHGU: hints to solo a raging brachydios !

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
ok so ive seen some on and off complaints about G rank solos being impossible (and some might be very close to it: Alatreon, any fatalis and that dang DLC nakarkos which seems really nasty as well)... well many G rank monsters are actually possible to solo. I had a couple online friends trying to get monster parts on G rank for upgrades and i helped them a bit especially one in particular who was getting burnt out from trying to grind his way through G1-G4 alone (its especially long here as youre most likely undergeared enough and it can become a snoozefest for people). To be very honest, its likely doable more or less until you hit G3 and try to solo that spongy Lao Shan Lung. if youre a gunner hes not hard as much as kinda slow, blademasters will have to hit him on the ground level though and need to keep an eye on their health as simply touching him damages you pretty quickly. the hard thing is stunning him enough so he doesnt destroy the castle in the final area. this person had this happen once and failed the quest. fortunately i managed to help him kill it when we did a co op though. only 2 people and he had green sharpness so... its possible solo for sure but you have to hurry scurry more so to speak so he doesnt destroy the castle.

I recently got a full armor set for raging brachydios and im down to my final upgrade levels on it.... and the game requires you to have several immortal reactors to fully upgrade the entire set. I had a number of smooth co ops but also a small portion of those annoying rage quitters who either didnt do him before, were just flat out careless or werent paying attention. wait times also started to get very tedious and seeing that i barely got hit fighting him online i decided to attempt a solo on him to farm those remaining immortal reactors at my own leisure without worrying about tedious wait times or getting a team of babies who cant deal with the fact that hes not supposed to be an easy monster to deal with and quit on the first cart or quest fail. i managed to complete several solo runs and never had more than a single cart on any of these... i might know the secrets to fighting him safely for anyone thinking of a solo.

first off, the slime... blademasters need to be very careful here. attacking the wrong spot when hes red can cause you to self destruct unless youre skilled enough to consistently time a tight valor window here. gunners can attack him more freely and its a very easy fight for people who main ranged weapons. if you arent skilled enough with heavy bowgun valor (HBG), i suggest light bowgun instead. its very simple to get a handle on and theres less room for error. also you can freely spam rapid pierce lv 1 and do lots of damage at ant point during the quest which is more user friendly (just bring huskberries and latchberries, you will need these). HBG valor seems more suited for experts but if youre decent enough it definitely can still work.

dodging... this is one of the most important things here. i probably dont need to say that but i am for a good reason. NEVER forward dodge when he tries to attack you! its much easier to get hit like this! This is probably another thing several people do wrong online... this will get you carted in a hurry. If you dont believe me well, do it at your own risk i suppose. keep absolute readiness or evasion as well in case you get sandwiched so you can avoid a dangerous hit as well. absolute readiness seems better though so i would go for that. it also doesnt require much to fully build up which is nice.

other than the above i advise bringing mega armorskins/demondrug so you dont get one shotted if you do get hit. mega demondrug is also important because you need a lot more damage solo than online. i run LBG valor in this game and can take one raging brachydios down in about 20 minutes each solo hunt, so i know it can definitely be done even if you arent a perfect super expert or speedrunner. if you dont use mega armorskins well, it doesnt seem like you can get hit twice by him and survive with it so you really need to here... for food skills either insurance or ultra lucky if youre struggling to get immortal reactors. i just did a round and one dropped after about 10-15 solo hunts on him so i try to go for this whenever possible. blademasters id advise having insurance as its easier to have an accident since they have to get close to hurt him. gunners its optional with enough caution and practice but if its there its still not bad to get it anyway. hope this helps anyone who is looking to far him !

Back