MHGU is it impossible to beat EX deviants with only 2 people?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
soo ive got a serious in game road ahead of me as of recent... i have an online friend who wants to 100% all quests in the game, and that means doing EVERY EX deviant in the game as well... im not really looking forward to that =/ im not someone who can be bothered with beating all of it or has time to since theres so much trial and error with it all...

we did a G rank alatreon a couple days ago and believe me when i said we barely did it. hes a dual blades only user and im a gunner only, and do some prowler as well for support and dealing with repetitive and annoying starus conditions (silverwind please... i did valor on her but it wasnt 100% flawless). im one of the people who sucks at blades in this game so i cant go that route and play reliably well. it took us 40 minutes to kill that G rank alatreon and i think my partner was also in panic mode so to speak, i had to farcaster a number of times and was using my prowler to help reduce carts but skill points were still dangerously tight in the situation. the best thing about all of this? this is isnt even the worst quest in the game where it tries to perpetually make you bleed and rage quit. he hasnt even seen boltreaver astalos yet which is one of the worst in the game on EX . now, i know G rank nakarkos is a pain too but hes not as agile as alatreon but has a whopping 31K health if what i saw is true. and the world forbid the DLC versions of these two count towards 100%, EX deviants are a hundred times worse than these two and the DLC variants can one shot you with every hit like EX deviants can. oh yes, thats gonna be fun... cant imagine this going well as even after mounds of gunning practice and prowler practice EXs are still a problem for me just because they hit so dang hard so its either one hit or close to one hit.

ive seen blades get instant killed by this insane crap as well and that means that mega armorskins definitely are useless. and duo on any fatalis isnt much better. i have a much easier time dodging the white fatalis attacks but he has a lot of health and idk how well my partner will handle holding out on him. i need to practice crimson soon as well for the upcoming madness... also gotta use my HBG ivanus or i will probably run out of ammo and if that happens its a dead game. normal S1 isnt going to do crap to these tough ones. is duo even possible on the super hardcore stuff though? my partner has had my overall faints than i have which means i will have to really bodyguard on EX deviants and these are hard for almost any playstyle because of the ridiculous damage. im a relatively skilled gunner, and a good prowler as well, but the stuff this far in is almost all super damage sponges and im not sure how two can survive long enough without a certain amount of luck since neither of us are perfect but not terribly noobish either. so is it possible to do this late stuff with two people? we're doing ok so far but arent near this stuff yet or the ultra hard multi monster quests (all hypers and around 5 or 6 targets if i recall right).

im going to do more valor HBG practice and add some LBG skil sets as well... im definitely better than most but that doesnt mean im perfect

Back