MHGU: top 3 hardest deviants (in my opinion)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so ive played quite a bit of this game as some may know here, but one of the most interesting questions is probably this: what are the hardest, meanest deviants in the game? the first one is a really easy pick for me, but heres my list of what i find to be the most nasty deviants in the game. note im a gunner+ prowler exclusive main, when MH rise is out i will only play LBG as im not very good in close combat skill wise (possibly some bow but not sure yet). i also hope theres a new lineup of deviants in rise and we have the same song since i like the deviant song in MHGU =) some people hate it but i never get tired of it personally and still listen to it with headphones outside of gameplay.

#1: Boltreaver Astalos most of you have probably heard of this one. this thing is so horribly broken i cant even laugh at him, he spams very large AOE's and to such an extent that there were numrous rounds on the EX quest where my team didnt even last 10 minutes (the average player's time needed to beat him in a co op or more) on almost every attempt. he has a very nasty combo with his vacuum bolt where he throws it, youre forced to waste a farcaster or hope you can either adept out just as he does his crash land that he 99% is likely going to immediately follow up with. and not only this, but a common attack string i saw him do so many times is horn beam (this reaches VERY far! never run straight or this will more than likely hit you and probably OHKO you)+ vacuum bolt+ crash land. this is extremely tight avoiding this horrid splurge of attacks because of nasty hitzones and how close together he tends to do this stuff (next to zero breaks between attacks here). several partners died from being forced to use up their stamina and it also happened to me once and i obviously died there. the absolute worst EX quest in the game--the only advice i have is good luck with this monstrosity. i spent a whole afternoon of zero progress co ops and around 5pm i was starting to get pretty worn out

#2: Bloodbath Diablos this one isnt nearly as hard as boltreaver astalos fortunately, but that doesnt mean he plays very nice either. one very serious and major difference/ issue with this one is if you dont go with earplugs (palico user) or HG earplugs (any hunter) he has a roar punish gimmick so to speak and almost every time he roars he will instantly do a charge attack. obviously if this hits you (and on any quest rank for him) youre going for one big ride. on G5-EX this is almost guaranteed to kill you so be very careful, any lower youre getting heavy damage which is still bad. it is possible to survive without HG earplugs, but requires very precise adept dodging and this is obviously not something you should attempt until after around 5 hunts against him. also be warned the adept dodge is extremely tight later in the battle so watch out. so what else is so terrible about bloodbath diablos? well when thr pattern on his body starts flashing a bright red lets just say things are about a hundred times worse. he becomes significantly more aggressive in this state and he will spam a lot of charging attacks back to back. also, he will burrow and fly out of the ground with a very massive crash land. this has a much, much worse radius than any of boltreavers attacks so even mildly too close and youre gettung hit VERY hard. the later quests this is pretty much one hit so make sure you keep moving whenever he burrows after turning red. he does need a bit to recover from this so you can attack him after safely dodging but for blades, remember not to overcombo ever here. by this point you should know what that leads to. hed also very fast when hes red and he stays like this for the rest of the game until he dies so holding out alone isnt going to get you out of this. one of the few monsters in the game who gets perma-raged. hes strong, but generally more predictable imo than boltreaver and i find most of his attacks easier to dodge as well

#3: snowbaron lagombi i find this one to be more annoying than hard. he slides off the screen a lot and if you dont go with negate bind this one is going to really suck later on. i had a harder tine adept dodging this with my palico and valor was also shaky with my gunner as well. im not sure if some of this is bugged and thats why it sometimes fails or not. i didnt worry about getting frozen because of negate bind and non stick fur but he just slid off my screen so much that this one was a pretty big nuisance. i did manage it on EX with a partner online but it wasnt the most pleasant one. he seemed to have less OHKO trash but all that sliding made him an annoying damage sponge.

i also find dreadking rathalos very annoying but i personally havent bothered much with him since he just does infinite air time >_< i think the boltreaver armor is probably better (and kinda pretty to look at haha) so if dreadking is too frustrating id go for boltreaver's armor instead. his bowguns dont seem very good so i just fought him for the armor personally. i love the deviants but some of these were a bit well... mean

thats what i found the worst deviants in the game. if you think any others are worse feel free to post though ! =P

Back