MHX Translation Patch in the Works

• Thread starter Pepy550
  • Start date
Pepy550

Pepy550

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Dasdling, the guy who made the editors for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is back with another project. Right now, he and his team, is working on a Monster Hunter X translation patch (most likely going to be a rom hack for Homebrew users) for those who are going to be importing Monster Hunter X but knows nothing when it comes to Japanese.

Right now he's got the Japanese demo translated which just came out almost a week ago.

Here's the link for proof: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-mhx-translation-patch-eng.403613/

Fan translations actually kill the game.

Fan translations actually kill the game.
The MH3rd one was actually incredibly good though! Who knows, this one could be the same! Still, it's quite probable that the game will get a localization before the patch is completed, just like with many other cases!

Lol, I've been watching this thread since its creation :p

Still, it's quite probable that the game will get a localization before the patch is completed, just like with many other cases!
I'd say no, because that patch only aims at getting the game in a playable state for people who don't know Japanese, not at translating everything. So weapon names, monster names, skills and such will be translated but not dialogs.

The problem is probably going to be online, though, where I guess Japanese people speak Japanese :p

Lol, I've been watching this thread since its creation :p

I'd say no, because that patch only aims at getting the game in a playable state for people who don't know Japanese, not at translating everything. So weapon names, monster names, skills and such will be translated but not dialogs.

The problem is probably going to be online, though, where I guess Japanese people speak Japanese :p
It will still take at least 4 months to complete and let's also account for the bugs that will occur and the time to find fixes for them! What I said refers to the similar cases of MH1 and MH2 on the PS2, which were both partial English patches, but still didn't reach more than 70-80% of what was expected to have been completed before the localization came! That was by a professional team with really good knowledge of Japanese too! This time it's someone who doesn't know Japanese, but only knows programming and probably just a small team working on this.

The patch is out.
I can't get it to work though -.-

The patch is out.
Which method are you using? (I doubt I can help, just curious)

I heard people are getting the yellow screen when trying to load the game through HANS. Also, HANS doesn't have support for the c-stick or any other New 3DS addition buttons since it can't tell between an old 3DS and a New 3DS. This is the moment when I wished I had CFW on my 3DS...

Which method are you using? (I doubt I can help, just curious)
I tried the HANS method. Didn't do anything good.
Then I wanted to try the NTR method (and I did try it) but obviously I missed the fact it only works on N3DS. And even though I own a N3DS, I want to play on my O3DS to have the Circle Pad Pro.

I tried the HANS method. Didn't do anything good.
Then I wanted to try the NTR method (and I did try it) but obviously I missed the fact it only works on N3DS. And even though I own a N3DS, I want to play on my O3DS to have the Circle Pad Pro.
Well, it updated to say you would need a N3DS with homebrew (but not menuhax) :/
So much for that way, unless there's an update.

The patch is out.
Not nearly even half of what needs to be translated is done yet! It's more like an Alpha patch at this point, not even Beta!:p

Not nearly even half of what needs to be translated is done yet! It's more like an Alpha patch at this point, not even Beta!:p
He never said it was more than an Alpha. And he already made an update (plus an unreleased one).
Moreover, almost any translated word counts. Now it is possible to navigate through all menus, with sometimes one option that no one knows what it does without trying it, but if there is only one, you can remember it. That was not possible before when absolutely nothing was translated, you had to try them all and check if anything looked like a menu you saw in a previous MH.

He never said it was more than an Alpha. And he already made an update (plus an unreleased one).
Moreover, almost any translated word counts. Now it is possible to navigate through all menus, with sometimes one option that no one knows what it does without trying it, but if there is only one, you can remember it. That was not possible before when absolutely nothing was translated, you had to try them all and check if anything looked like a menu you saw in a previous MH.
With many items untranslated, just wait until the point where you will need to upgrade your weapons or craft armor and you'll see how hard it'll be when you won't even know the item's name! Anyway, going to wait for international release, as the Japanese one, even if patched to have English text, can only play multiplayer with other Japanese ones! I don't know about you, but I don't want to buy the game twice!:p

With many items untranslated, just wait until the point where you will need to upgrade your weapons or craft armor and you'll see how hard it'll be when you won't even know the item's name!
Haha ! yeah, that can even come before upgrading when you want to craft. All required items are translated except one, and you have no clue what it is and where to get it, and you can't even look on Google because you can't type that on your western keyboard :p
When translated, you still don't know where to find it and you still can't look on Google (since people who would answer you actually play in japanese), but at least, when you find that item by chance, you can remember it.

Anyway, going to wait for international release, as the Japanese one, even if patched to have English text, can only play multiplayer with other Japanese ones!
True story, there are a lot of people who speak English online in MHX (just look for people whose names you can read :p) but when MHX gets released in the west, you won't be able to play with your friends...

Reactions: Tho
Luckily I read Japanese

I can't wait to get the game!

It's actually just better to wait until the game is released to the west. You have no idea what kind of problems that can happen, AND the fact when you go online, you will be speaking english and every1 else will be speaking japanese. Better just to wait.

Back