XBox Microsoft to launch $399 Xbox One without Kinect

• Thread starter Goten4
  • Start date
Amazing to think of all the policies Microsoft has reversed within the past year.

This just shows that they're desperate, but you can't blame them I suppose.

If I ever were to get an Xbox One I would want to get the Kinect, mainly because it's something different from my Playstation 4.

Reactions: Marc
One good thing about not having Kinect, if I want to cuss out my basketball game, I won't get a penalty for foul language with Kinect.

At least it'll make all the people blaming Kinect because 'It might be spying me :eek:' happy (Yes, there is still that kind of people in France). Also, it's nice, because it's a good price cut, so, the PS4 and the Xbox One (I haven't said with Kinect) are at the same price, leaving customers to eventually reconsider which they will buy. Unless they go and get the WiiU, who is still cheaper, and looks better, it seems :headphone:.

As for me, I won't get it, because I'm not interested in the PS4 or the Xbox One.

Reactions: Marc
At least it'll make all the people blaming Kinect because 'It might be spying me :eek:' happy (Yes, there is still that kind of people in France). Also, it's nice, because it's a good price cut, so, the PS4 and the Xbox One (I haven't said with Kinect) are at the same price, leaving customers to eventually reconsider which they will buy. Unless they go and get the WiiU, who is still cheaper, and looks better, it seems :headphone:.

As for me, I won't get it, because I'm not interested in the PS4 or the Xbox One.
Well some of Microsoft's plans with Kinect actually involved 'spying' on its users. That is, it would (or was supposed to) gauge your reactions to things so they could advertise more towards you.

Plus the whole penalty issue with cursing and 'inappropriate behaviour' (so no naughty business in front of the TV while watching a movie, for example) was very off-putting.

All in all, the price drop and lack of Kinect isn't enough for me to buy one.

Reactions: TAG
Not really a big deal. I could do without Kinect tbh. Good move, I say! xD

it makes sense for both to be separate.

It's me or the Xbox One is more lamer and lamer with the time?

Wait, I take back what I said. Without the Kinect the Xbox One basically just an underpowered version of the Playstation 4, and I have absolutely no reason to buy one, nor will I anywhere in the near future.

By getting rid of the Kinect they're basically telling developers they don't have to develop games for the Kinect, and as I said, the Kinect is the only reason I'd buy one. Developers won't want to develop for something that no one has. (PS Vita, anyone?)

Wait, I take back what I said. Without the Kinect the Xbox One basically just an underpowered version of the Playstation 4, and I have absolutely no reason to buy one, nor will I anywhere in the near future.

By getting rid of the Kinect they're basically telling developers they don't have to develop games for the Kinect, and as I said, the Kinect is the only reason I'd buy one. Developers won't want to develop for something that no one has. (PS Vita, anyone?)

PSVita has more future as a controller than a console... well, it's doing well on Japan at least.
I think they wanted to remove the Kinect because it would means more power for the console, for the resolution thing.

The only quality game without including the Nintendo ones for the Wii U is Infamous Second Son...
I would count Ryse for its graphics but it was boring after all.

PSVita has more future as a controller than a console... well, it's doing well on Japan at least.
I think they wanted to remove the Kinect because it would means more power for the console, for the resolution thing.

The only quality game without including the Nintendo ones for the Wii U is Infamous Second Son...
I would count Ryse for its graphics but it was boring after all.

PS Vita is a port heaven to me, and I love it. Remote play on PS4 with Vita would be much better if the Vita had clickable joysticks, but eh.

Playstation 4 has more games currently lined up as exclusives than Xbox One.

PS Vita is a port heaven to me, and I love it. Remote play on PS4 with Vita would be much better if the Vita had clickable joysticks, but eh.

Playstation 4 has more games currently lined up as exclusives than Xbox One.

The only reason the Xbox One didn't fail is because the fandom... but it the worst console in this generation.

And yes, just like the PSP, the PSVita is mostly ports... Sad from one side, good for the other side...

Reactions: BjFauble
Back