XBox Mighty No.9 Is Here! All Hail Megaman!

• Thread starter dilawer
  • Start date
dilawer

dilawer

The Villain in Green
Towns Folk
The game is out and the reviews are bad. However, if you're a Megaman fan then you should definitely pick this one up just for them feelings. The game is decent but definitely not worth the $19.99 price tag. It's simple and short so I think $9.99 would've been a better price. Anywho, if you want to enjoy Megaman-like gameplay then this game is perfect. @Spinnerweb won't agree but who listens to him anyway?

Screens and Video:

Mighty No. 9 (4).png Mighty No. 9.png Mighty No. 9 (2).png

Reactions: Blue Knight and Kakea
I know I might get a lot of negative feed back about this post but here it goes anyways.

Honestly I have never been a big fan of mega-man just because when I played it it seemed to be to hard to control the character. The character in the old mega-man games just didn't move to my liken. Also the characters/stages were a awkward looking. I loved the idea of the games though. (Best game songs ever too.)

In this game it looks great compared to the older one (I know I know. The older ones were Old and thats the best grafics then but I mean the way they look. Like the 3d-ness of this one.). So maybe ill try it out. The movement of the character looked much more fluent and the stage design was good to. If you do get the game you should post and give us your insights and opinions of the game.

I know I might get a lot of negative feed back about this post but here it goes anyways.

Honestly I have never been a big fan of mega-man just because when I played it it seemed to be to hard to control the character. The character in the old mega-man games just didn't move to my liken. Also the characters/stages were a awkward looking. I loved the idea of the games though. (Best game songs ever too.)

In this game it looks great compared to the older one (I know I know. The older ones were Old and thats the best grafics then but I mean the way they look. Like the 3d-ness of this one.). So maybe ill try it out. The movement of the character looked much more fluent and the stage design was good to. If you do get the game you should post and give us your insights and opinions of the game.
The reason why people love the old Megaman games is not that it had the best gameplay or even songs but only because they were challenging. Controlling the character and fighting was difficult and doing it properly was highly rewarding in terms of satisfaction.
Might No.9, on the other hand, looks great but the gameplay is very easy when compared to original Megaman. You're going to breeze through every level without even requiring any new weapons or upgrades. It's still a decent game and if you like shoot'em ups then this is a good one to try.

The reason why people love the old Megaman games is not that it had the best gameplay or even songs but only because they were challenging. Controlling the character and fighting was difficult and doing it properly was highly rewarding in terms of satisfaction.
Might No.9, on the other hand, looks great but the gameplay is very easy when compared to original Megaman. You're going to breeze through every level without even requiring any new weapons or upgrades. It's still a decent game and if you like shoot'em ups then this is a good one to try.
Thats prob true.

Reactions: Kakea
Mighty No.9 is the easiest platformer game ive played in A LONG TIME, i give it a 4/10 myself it didnt give the old megaman feel we all love, Its just some game developers that dont know how to make a game hard and most ennemies are easy to kill and not annoying like megaman ones :p

Deep Silver hasn't been releasing good game lately or really ever. Remember Ride to Hell Retribution? All Dee Silver. The newest Homefront? Deep Silver. Mighty No. 9 wasn't good. It had terrible gameplay and is nothing like Megaman. Get Legacy Collection instead. With the amount of bad games Deep Silver has released I'm surprised they still haven't died out completely. I haven't played one decent game by that company. Oh hey look at that they also made RSoR. No surprise there. I really hate this company. By the way don't pick up Dead Island Def. Ed. You'll support this company even more.

Mighty No.9 is the easiest platformer game ive played in A LONG TIME, i give it a 4/10 myself it didnt give the old megaman feel we all love, Its just some game developers that dont know how to make a game hard and most ennemies are easy to kill and not annoying like megaman ones :p
This is so true. I've been charging through levels with no problem. Once you learn how to attack an enemy's weak spot it's just pewpew + dash! lol

Beat the game. Took me around 2.5 hours in total. Ez Pz!

After playing through it, I have to say, I don't like how you have to dash through the enemie to kill them. It makes it so that you clear the levels extremely fast, or if you mess up, that you have to wait for a long period of time for a platform to appear so you can continue. I dunno, the combo system was an interesting idea, but it didn't work well for me

It's been a few years, hasn't it? I remember how badly this game bombed when it was released. I remember how they put in all the names of the Kickstarter backers in the credits and everyone called it the Hall of Shame, apparently the full credits took three hours to view the whole roll - it's in the Guinness World Records.

As for the game, I've never played it, but I thought it looked fun. I can understand their frustration after spending so much to fund the game, though. I'd be mad too. For something like that, you'd expect something with a little more soul, not something shoddy. Even from the trailers I thought it looked a little disappointing for a kickstarted game, and I was an easily-entertained kid back then.

There were a whole slew of other problems as well. The infamous "cry like an anime fan at a prom night" commercial from around the exact same time they aired the anime shorts, or something. Apparently it bricked your system on launch for no apparent reason as well, though I might be thinking of another game, though I'm sure it was this. They had to quickly issue a patch but I'm sure there were plenty of angry players who made the mistake of playing before then.

Reactions: Duffy
I'm still waiting for my 3ds port of this haha

I'm still waiting for my 3ds port of this haha

Wait, they made a 3DS port? Or do you mean that they promised it but it never came? Either way, at this point, the 3DS is a dead console. There's no way they'd end up released it on that platform anymore.

Maybe they'll port it to the Switch instead, like everything else... ahaha, I might Might No. 9 might be the only game they wouldn't want to port, considering all the backlash it received. Leave it to rot with the rest of games everyone forget about. Maybe in a few decades we'll dig up a landfill on MN9 copies, like we did with the ET Atari game.

Or a sequel? Also highly unlikely, I don't think there are a whole lot of people who remember this game anymore and I'm halfway convinced the development team try their best to forget as well.

Long live Might No. 9 - the greatest disappointment of the past few generations!

Reactions: Duffy
Wait, they made a 3DS port? Or do you mean that they promised it but it never came? Either way, at this point, the 3DS is a dead console. There's no way they'd end up released it on that platform anymore.

Maybe they'll port it to the Switch instead, like everything else... ahaha, I might Might No. 9 might be the only game they wouldn't want to port, considering all the backlash it received. Leave it to rot with the rest of games everyone forget about. Maybe in a few decades we'll dig up a landfill on MN9 copies, like we did with the ET Atari game.

Or a sequel? Also highly unlikely, I don't think there are a whole lot of people who remember this game anymore and I'm halfway convinced the development team try their best to forget as well.

Long live Might No. 9 - the greatest disappointment of the past few generations!
They promised one and never delivered. I was waiting for the 3ds port to play it, just to see how bad it was. But it never happened.

Back