Miitopia coming to switch

• Thread starter Deepak
  • Start date
Deepak

Deepak

Professional procrastinator
Towns Folk

Miitopia was a pretty famous 3ds game and now it's finally coming to the Nintendo switch. Miitopia is a turn based rpg game where all the characters are miis created by you. Yes, you get to create and name your villain too. This was a pretty fun game for the 3ds but I never finished it because it started becoming a bit repetitive. And it looks like there are horses added in this game too. This makes me wonder what other new things have been added. Will you be getting this game?

Reactions: phofufury, Jisenku and Mizunil
Well duh of course they had to put this in! This was one of their best sellers, so just leaving it to die with the 3DS would be a terrible idea, although instead of just remaking it for the Switch, a sequel to it would have been cooler... but I can't complain.

Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
Honestly, I was literally looking at this game for the 3ds a few weeks ago. I thought to myself, it would be cool if they brought this to the Switch. Imo tho, I wish it would be free. This does look like a good free-to-play game, maybe add a few micro trans action in, but if they do make it paid, how much will it be? seems like a $15 game to me, I wouldn't pay anymore than that.

• Funny
Reactions: Mizunil, Deepak and Jisenku
Honestly, I was literally looking at this game for the 3ds a few weeks ago. I thought to myself, it would be cool if they brought this to the Switch. Imo tho, I wish it would be free. This does look like a good free-to-play game, maybe add a few micro trans action in, but if they do make it paid, how much will it be? seems like a $15 game to me, I wouldn't pay anymore than that.
It was $40 on 3ds...

Reactions: Mizunil, phofufury, Deepak and 1 other person
Reactions: Duffy, phofufury and Deepak
It was $40 on 3ds...
are you serious? wow, im probably not buying it then. that no way seems $40 tbh.

I played the demo on the 3DS and thought it was quite fun, had some Fire Emblem characters (Selkie and Velouria) as well as myself and Tony Kakko. Possibly one or two others I forgot about. It was really fun, might pick this up since I never was able to play the full game back then.

Reactions: Deepak and phofufury
I also had this on the 3ds but I never ended up finishing it. It was a pretty good game, but it did get a little repetitive. If I didn't have other games I was playing at the time, I would've finished this. Its a whacky and charming game, but not worth the 90$ to me if they decide to have it at full Switch price.

Reactions: phofufury
are you serious? wow, im probably not buying it then. that no way seems $40 tbh.
Gotta save that money for Fartnite skins

• Funny
Reactions: Deepak
I also had this on the 3ds but I never ended up finishing it. It was a pretty good game, but it did get a little repetitive. If I didn't have other games I was playing at the time, I would've finished this. Its a whacky and charming game, but not worth the 90$ to me if they decide to have it at full Switch price.
And a good $40 game at that
The nintendo switch listing on the eshop says $50 for Miitopia. Might be a placeholder amount, but doesn't look like it. I kinda thought they would have it be the same price on switch and 3ds, or maybe $10 cheaper because it's an old game, that's already released on another platform.

Reactions: phofufury and Jisenku
I swear I saw this game at a Target on clearance for $15. That's the lowest I've seen average 1st party 3DS games go anyways. That being said it should justify my opinion of not getting it. If you want an RPG with Miis and you don't have to walk for this is for you. Other than that there is Find Mii I & II. Way better for the price imo. If it goes for more on Switch, which it likely will be, this will also go on a discount. There is nothing fun going on with the controls. The tropes are all there. Why should this be remade other for than the reason they discontinued the 3DS?

Reactions: Jisenku, phofufury and Mizunil
Can't wait to hear the battle theme that plays in Greenhorne's area like a thousand times again

• Funny
Reactions: phofufury and Jisenku
this game is rated 18+ in Russia cuz of same sex relationships. Absolute BS.

Reactions: Jisenku and phofufury
this game is rated 18+ in Russia cuz of same sex relationships. Absolute BS.
thats interesting.......really weird tho. I understand this is a problem in some places, but c'mon, this is a kid's game lol. there are kid's shows that have same sex relationships, i wonder what those are rated in Russia.

but it did get a little repetitive
So true! I never finished the game cuz of that. It got annoying when my allies kept getting kidnapped and you sorta have to start over with your job and levelling up and friendships.

Reactions: Mizunil
thats interesting.......really weird tho. I understand this is a problem in some places, but c'mon, this is a kid's game lol. there are kid's shows that have same sex relationships, i wonder what those are rated in Russia.
Well Russia has a bill that basically makes same-sex relationships depicted in media inaccessible to anybody who is a minor

Reactions: Artisan and phofufury
i will!

Reactions: phofufury

All are 18+, The bill "for the Purpose of Protecting Children from Information Advocating for a Denial of Traditional Family Values" which Putin put into effect in 2013 means any LGBTQ+ media AT ALL is rated 18+ by default to "stop children coming across it on accident".

Even FIFA 17 was caught in it for the sole reason you can wear rainbow shoelaces.

Reactions: Jisenku and phofufury
Even FIFA 17 was caught in it for the sole reason you can wear rainbow shoelaces.
are u serious lol? that's a bit far. i get the whole lgbqt thing and all, but rainbows don't just represent that, they could represent anything

Reactions: Deepak
while i did not rule something like this happening , it was not on the mind.
well this port at least looks like it is going to work fine without the second screen.
for people who didn’t play or hear about miitopia back on 3ds they might give it a try on switch.
i skipped the game back then , however still have no plans to play it myself.
as i was never a fan of mii or the xbox avatar type of characters.
so russianis anti lgbtq like china is anti anything that could ruin it image like winnie the pooh or animal crossing new horizons i see. quick to sensor and ban anything that could repesent something they dont like ir want their citizens to assosiate with. even something as minor as rainbow colored shoes/clothes.

Reactions: SuperPrincessPeachfan
Back