Miitopia's Selling Price is $40

• Thread starter Danominator
  • Start date

Are you interested in getting Miitopia based on the information we've been provided thus far?

• Yes, the Mii is my digital persona incarnate and I wouldn't miss this for the world.

• Nah, I'll stick with the Plaza.

• Let's wait 'till E3 to decide!

• The heck is a Mii?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Danominator

Danominator

Professional Goof
Towns Folk
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/miitopia-3ds

A guy can learn a lot of things from checking out Nintendo's official site every now and then. I was interested about Miitopia from the day it was announced because it seemed to be a fresh remix of the classic RPG formula, and I am always up for a good RPG. But apparently...this game is going to be $40.

Uhhh...okay.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised and perhaps this is old news, but I was honestly surprised and turned off by this price. Granted, there's very little about this game that we know and it probably has a lot going for it, but $40 seems to be the staple price of 3DS games today and I'm having trouble understanding just HOW possible it is for a Mii-based game to be worth this much. I guess I'm used to the Mii games all being a couple bucks in the Streetpass Plaza, so that indeed contributes to my opinion a little.

But what do you guys think? Would you buy a $40 Mii RPG? Maybe at E3 we'll have a lot of more info that will back up this asking price. You can check the Game Details page for yourself to see some more info that may or may not have been said already in the last Direct. Personally, I might not be bothered with this game just because of the price. If it had been a launch title to utilize the Miis in a big way like this way back when, maybe I would have been more interested. But hey, I hear there's going to be a demo, so maybe that'll change my mind.

I've seen the Japanese trailers and I've had the Japanese Miitopia demo on my 3ds and I thought it was neat. (The demo was practically just an interactive trailer of the game so I didn't experience any gameplay at all.) So I'm not fully sold on miitomo though I am sold on the idea on a Tomdachi life esque game as an RPG. Though this game somewhat reminds me of find mii and the arcade RPG game on Tomdachi life.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/miitopia-3ds

A guy can learn a lot of things from checking out Nintendo's official site every now and then. I was interested about Miitopia from the day it was announced because it seemed to be a fresh remix of the classic RPG formula, and I am always up for a good RPG. But apparently...this game is going to be $40.

Uhhh...okay.

Maybe I shouldn't be surprised and perhaps this is old news, but I was honestly surprised and turned off by this price. Granted, there's very little about this game that we know and it probably has a lot going for it, but $40 seems to be the staple price of 3DS games today and I'm having trouble understanding just HOW possible it is for a Mii-based game to be worth this much. I guess I'm used to the Mii games all being a couple bucks in the Streetpass Plaza, so that indeed contributes to my opinion a little.

^^ This is exactly what I thought when Tomodachi Life came out. :/
$40? What for?
and now it's $20, and I feel a sense of satisfaction somehow. >w<

^^ This is exactly what I thought when Tomodachi Life came out. :/
$40? What for?
and now it's $20, and I feel a sense of satisfaction somehow. >w<
Ah, the joys of waiting a couple years. Guess you never know when a price could drop like that, huh. We'll have to see what exactly Nintendo is planning for this oddball title. Also, how was Tomodachi Life? I remember playing the demo and it was basically just watching your Miis do stuff. This new game seems to be a lot more involved. Hopefully, it is, instead of just a collection of goofy cutscenes. Not that I don't love cutscenes, but if that's the whole game, then yeah...doesn't seem all that worth it to me.

Ah, the joys of waiting a couple years. Guess you never know when a price could drop like that, huh. We'll have to see what exactly Nintendo is planning for this oddball title. Also, how was Tomodachi Life? I remember playing the demo and it was basically just watching your Miis do stuff. This new game seems to be a lot more involved. Hopefully, it is, instead of just a collection of goofy cutscenes. Not that I don't love cutscenes, but if that's the whole game, then yeah...doesn't seem all that worth it to me.

I only played the demo as well.
To me, it seems like Animal Crossing, only with "villagers" vistiting each other's "houses" far more often. ...And they actually eat food. And wear shoes. Unlike the animals in Animal Crossing. :T

I only played the demo as well.
To me, it seems like Animal Crossing, only with "villagers" vistiting each other's "houses" far more often. ...And they actually eat food. And wear shoes. Unlike the animals in Animal Crossing. :T
I'm seeing you everywhere these days. :p
Anywho, yeah, that sounds like an accurate description to me. I haven't Animal Crossed a whole lot, but that's what I thought.

Reactions: Kitsune_Sakura64
After what I saw at E3, I'm not really all that interested in the game anymore. It looks like another Tomodachi Life-styled game, and that got really boring really quickly for me. And with the selling price at $40, it seems like not quite something I'll be purchasing. The Plaza is pretty good anyway...

Wow, so I finally demoed the game and...it's not that great. The interactions are completely random and have little to no correlation to each other, and you barely do ANYTHING in the game. It's just watching your Miis do stuff and occasionally inputting something on your own. Definitely not worth $40.

This game should be $29.99 not $39.99 if it has a short story and a little bit of game play it should be $29.99 and not $39.99 also this game is just extra I don't think people would want to buy these games because they look boring the goodthing is that Nintendo released these boring games once every other game released also I only like to buy games that I'm interested in I don't like to waste my money on games that will go down once time passes too.

Reactions: Kakea
So far I have been playing the game and it has a lot of thought behind it. I am pretty much enjoying the game right now but I can see why $40 might be a little much for it. $30 might have been a better price point for it considering it's a game that not everyone might be interested in. It is still a good game as of now tho and I don't think I really regret spending the $40 on it. It has seem to sell pretty well.

Reactions: Kakea
I guess I misjudged how the full version would play out, so cool! I guess it's a fun experience for some. I'm still surprised we didn't get a full-on Mii title until 2017. xD

I already bought the game ages ago, so I guess rip me, lol

The game was pretty fun, overall. I managed to beat the game in it’s entirety, so it definitely wasn’t the most boring game I’m the world. I would recommend it, but if you don’t like a little grinding or repetitiveness, then you’re probably better off getting a different game.

I've seen it priced for either $29.99 or $19.99 in the clearance section. Not the kind of game I'm interested in since the story is silly and the characters are just anyone you can think up which just seems bland to me. It's not like the RPG format is unique or has multiplayer in some way. Comparing it to other RPGs on the system just makes it seem like all other RPGs are a whole lot better. Good for a younger audience but that's the only pro I can come up with.

Back