Miiverse Community Updates!

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

20121107160713!Miiverse_Logo.png

I'm making this thread to keep track of the Miiverse updates, I think this is a great way to see how the community is growing, and improving, and to look back at these updates, may it be drastic or just the little things, it's still a good thing to keep track of, I/You will update it regularly, whenever you see an update let us know! I'll start with today's Miiverse update!

There has been an update to Miiverse today.

1) (For Wii U and Nintendo 3DS only)
We have replaced the User Menu in the menu bar with an option called "User Page", which leads to a new and refurbished profile.

For example, you can now display a favourite handwritten post in your profile. Just select any one of your old handwritten posts, touch the spanner icon, then select "Set as Favourite Post" and it will appear in your profile! If you later want to remove it, you can do so from the Profile Settings in the User Page.

By the way, the User Menu is now accessible from within the User Page.

2) (For all versions of Miiverse)
It's now possible to give a Yeah to comments, as well as to posts. You can also touch or click on a comment to see some of the people who gave it a Yeah.

That's it for today!

But no Shin Megami Tensei-related community... There are three SMT games for 3DS, yet Ninty seem reluctant to make a community - maybe for children's safety.
Anyway, nice update, @Reece! :)

But no Shin Megami Tensei-related community... There are three SMT games for 3DS, yet Ninty seem reluctant to make a community - maybe for children's safety.
Yeah, I don't think they'll make a community for that series, based on it's contents, aren't most game in that series for the 3DS have an M (Mature) rating , but either ways will be nice to see an SMT related community.
Thanks, I was planning this for a while, just was waiting for an update. :)

Yeah, I don't think they'll make a community for that series, based on it's contents, aren't most game in that series for the 3DS have an M (Mature) rating , but either ways will be nice to see an SMT related community.
Thanks, I was planning this for a while, just was waiting for an update. :)

Nintendo should find a way to get the Parental Control settings, and exploit it, maybe this way Miiverse will get a SMT community.
Also, that's great that they added the possibility to "Yeah" comments, but, still no info on the 3-Minute-Rule thing... I guess it won't be modified anyway.

In the overall, this update seems good.

Nintendo should find a way to get the Parental Control settings, and exploit it, maybe this way Miiverse will get a SMT community.
Also, that's great that they added the possibility to "Yeah" comments, but, still no info on the 3-Minute-Rule thing... I guess it won't be modified anyway.

In the overall, this update seems good.
I had a feeling someone was gonna suggest the Parental Settings, which is not a bad idea, I was thinking about changing the age on the Miiverse itself, but that would have been chaotic, so seeing them incorporate the Parental Settings from the actual system would be nice, I think they'll do it when they have a larger library of rated games.

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I got new Miiverse updates to share! This is directly from Tom at Nintendo Here's a quick list of the changes in today's update:

[Wii U, Nintendo 3DS and web versions]
The Activity Feed will now show what post you got a "Yeah!" on. We also made some adjustments so the Activity Feed will now show less "Yeahs!" than before.
-You can now turn off "Yeah!" notifications altogether by going to User Page > User Menu > Miiverse Settings.

[Web version]
We updated the User Page layout on the web version. Just like in the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions, you can now choose and show your favorite hand drawn post in the web version.

[New!!]
You can now embed Miiverse posts on your website. We added a button to each post that will display an embed code. Copy and paste the code on your website to share the post.

My personal favorite update is how you can embed Miiverse posts, because some Miiverse posts are hilarious, and I'd love to share it on Twitter. I promised to continuously update this thread so I'd continue to do just that. Let me know what you think of this small list of updates.

Reactions: 18
Embedding Miiverse posts - now that's pretty cool. :) I may even start using Miiverse now

(I've only posted one message on Miiverse altogether and never visited it after that :panda: :oops: )

Embedding posts will be useful, especially in the SSB4 Screenshot Discussion.
And now, we can draw on the web version, if I'm right ?
Maybe I'll give it a try, if I want.

The Miiverse Community got another update today! Though, it isn't anything significant, it's still something to note! This is Marty from Miiverse post:

• In all versions of Miiverse, you can now write posts and comments on multiple lines. Previously when writing a post/comment, pressing.
    -Enter would have no effect on the final post - all new line characters would be changed into spaces. However, these new lines will now be taken into account when posting, so you can post on multiple lines - just like in this post.

Note: - When viewing a list of posts, you will not see any new lines. They will only be visible when you select the post.
- You will get an error if your post/comment includes too many new lines. If you get an error, please rewrite your post/comment, reducing the amount of new lines.

• On the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Miiverse, you can now show up to three of your favourite game genres in your profile. Go to User Page => Profile Settings to set these genres. This feature is not visible in the web version.
Nothing much to note to be honest, but at least we got an update.

These are good updates. The thing I have been waiting for the longest on Miiverse and the Friend List is the ability to send Private messages to your friends. It would make it so much more easier for people to get in contact with their friends and invite them to a game they are playing.

These are good updates. The thing I have been waiting for the longest on Miiverse and the Friend List is the ability to send Private messages to your friends. It would make it so much more easier for people to get in contact with their friends and invite them to a game they are playing.

I'm pretty sure you can do this already, I've done so a couple times myself.

I'm pretty sure you can do this already, I've done so a couple times myself.
No, not join a game they are playing, but PM'ing them. Swapnote's message sending service was disabled so there is no way to send you friends some messages.

No, not join a game they are playing, but PM'ing them. Swapnote's message sending service was disabled so there is no way to send you friends some messages.

...That's what I mean. At least for the Wii U I know you can. Go to Miiverse. Hit messages. There's your private messages. I haven't used the web version, but I guess similar isn't on the 3DS for some reason.

...That's what I mean. At least for the Wii U I know you can. Go to Miiverse. Hit messages. There's your private messages. I haven't used the web version, but I guess similar isn't on the 3DS for some reason.

There are no Private Messages on the Nintendo 3DS version of Miiverse because their was a child predator using it and other people were sending inappropriate drawings and pictures on it, they decided to terminate it and that's why it's not on 3DS.

http://kotaku.com/child-predators-were-using-nintendos-swapnote-service-1459304126

MiiVerse is all right, and it is a way to post messages about games. I don't think it's something worthy of actually spending a significant of time posting and stuff. It does its job well, but it's just outclassed by the countless guides, boards, and communities available on the computer. As Nintendo upgrades the service though, it might be something where it would be fun to post a message, upload a picture, or discuss a game with other players.

Back