MiiVerse: Yea or Nay

• Thread starter MindzEye
  • Start date
MindzEye

MindzEye

Pssst. I was gone for almost a year. XD
Towns Folk
Let's not get too political now. We all have our noisy friends or neighbors giving us enough of an earful already. Be civil.

Now I must ask one important question to all you honest users.
What are your feelings on the Miiverse Redesign? (An old question, I know.)
Like it? Don't? Why? How have you expressed your feelings exactly?

I'm still seeing a divide among people about whether the redesign is good or not, so it's somehow relevant in some sense. Plenty of people have either whined or defended it on NintendoTom's posts or posts like those.

This is a kind of a way to ask those people what their motivation is, considering how tacky the comment tool is there.

Please, don't hold back your argument, just don't get yourself worked up or anything. I ain't judging either side, I'm just curious.

yes cuz it you up to date with new game

yes cuz it you up to date with new game
Could... could you perhaps be a bit more specific? Maybe one whole paragraph or more to describe it? (But not five paragraphs. I get enough of those wordy posts in my social life.)

I never asked for it, Miiverse was fine as it was before. I don't think the redesign itself is bad, just not that needed. While I like how normal posts and hand drawn posts have been split to different sections, other than that, I'm not a fan of many of the changes. For example, the layout confuses me (most layouts do, though), I can never find what I'm looking for and I still don't understand why they added such a low post limit. Also, so many people loudly complain about the redesign, that I feel like the redesign never should have happened just so people wouldn't be able to complain about it.

Overall I'm mostly indifferent towards it. I didn't love Miiverse before the redesign, and I still don't.

Reactions: MindzEye
Honestly,I'm mostly so-so with this new redesign.
I only tend to use Miiverse to post drawings every now and then,so I'm fine with having different sections for drawings,discussion posts and others there.It feels a bit unnecessary though as many thought the old Miiverse structure was fine as it was,and it looks like this new update's main goal is to just be more about the looks and simplicity rather than the preferred architecture and familiarity for those using the software for some time. :writing:
Pretty much,I don't think it was too much of a drastic change for the faith of humanity;only a sort of unneeded makeover that doesn't improve a whole lot for the recognition by older users. :coffee:

This was the one that introduced a Diary/Journal/Screenshot split or something like that, right? I can't remember what exactly the categories were but I know they made three of them in total. I believe this was also what made them restrict the post limit to 30 per day, which was what really killed Miiverse, the rest of us fled to the safe haven of the New Super Luigi U community but none of us could be safe from that 30-posts-per-day restriction.

Massive nay from me. Miiverse used to be great, even after they introduced this... in fact, with my memories, it might've been just as good after they restricted it, only needed a little extra workaround for that on the Wii U. Nonetheless, the addition of restrictions like this began to signal the end of Miiverse, so I would've much rather seen them keep it how it was.

Back