RMT / Team Help Mixed Team Around Pyroar

• Thread starter Vii
  • Start date
Vii

Vii

(*⁰▿⁰*)/
Towns Folk
I accidentally breed a Shiny Litleo and later trained it into a Pyroar. I haven't used one before so I wanted to create a team around it. The only idea I have for the Pyroar set is;
668_female_pyroar_shiny_by_3d_poke_sprites-d8hlamf.gif

Roara (Pyroar) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hyper Voice
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Hidden Power Grass isn't an option because it doesn't have it.
But I found Will-O-Wisp was a great way to outspeed some foes and burn 'em. :p

Just so you know, I like making mixed teams. So Pokemon from OU and Below will do. :3

Bring on the Pokemon Suggestions ~ !

Reactions: Pookie and PalD2
You're not going to outrun faster physical attackers like Weavile or Infernape ;~; (Edit: Nape isn't affected, nvm)

Although you can try out WoW to see how it goes for you. I'd prefer have Fire Blast or Overheat just in case my stab Flamethrower is unable to get the job done (eg. OHKO when your opponent can stay alive with low health and finish you off).

You can mix things around with a Charizard Y (for sun) and have solarbeam on it too <3

Pyroar is a normal and fire type 'mon so you need Pokemon to cover its weaknesses that also work with your team. So water, fighting, ground and rock. Charizard Y already covers you from ground-type moves but it's also weak against water and rock.

A grass or water type can cover you from water damage. Dry Skin is also something you wouldn't expect on your team since you have Charizard Y's sun, but you're not really building a sun team that relies on sun :p

Are you talking about for singles or doubles @Marc ? :p This is for a singles team. Haha.

Eh. I know I can't outspeed everything. I will most likely have something else to take care of stronger and faster Pokemon.

Tbh, I liked the Will-O-Wisp because if Bisharp wants to come in for that Sucker Punch kill. I'll just burn 'em. :p
Hmmmm. I think I'll consider putting Overheat on it. I'm not good with taking risks. So no way for Fire Blast.

I understand what you're saying for a possible Sun team. But nah. I prefer using Charizard-Y for doubles anyway. However, I considered using an Azumarill (unsure of what set yet) that resists fighting and water. So those two types will not be an issue for Pyroar.

How about something like this, Vii? It would cover a lot of the weaknesses left between Azu and Py and can maintain solid offensive pressure while walling as well, but would give you a ground weakness you'd have to address as you build, which isn't too much to work around, really.

Beyblade (Doublade) @ Eviolite

Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

@mourning_sun , I'm a little unsure because it's another ground weakness. But then again every team can't be perfect. :p I will try it out once I get a full team of 6. But for now, it'll be added to the party. I was also thinking of Lando-T. Ground types can't touch it. It's most feared weakness is resisted by everything on the team (so far).

Now... Let's talk walls. :p I need 'em. Doublade, Lando-T, and Pyroar will fall to the claws of a Weavile.

You're not going to outrun faster physical attackers like Weavile or Infernape ;~; (Edit: Nape isn't affected, nvm)

Although you can try out WoW to see how it goes for you. I'd prefer have Fire Blast or Overheat just in case my stab Flamethrower is unable to get the job done (eg. OHKO when your opponent can stay alive with low health and finish you off).

You can mix things around with a Charizard Y (for sun) and have solarbeam on it too <3

Pyroar is a normal and fire type 'mon so you need Pokemon to cover its weaknesses that also work with your team. So water, fighting, ground and rock. Charizard Y already covers you from ground-type moves but it's also weak against water and rock.

A grass or water type can cover you from water damage. Dry Skin is also something you wouldn't expect on your team since you have Charizard Y's sun, but you're not really building a sun team that relies on sun :p
I accidentally breed a Shiny Litleo and later trained it into a Pyroar. I haven't used one before so I wanted to create a team around it. The only idea I have for the Pyroar set is;
668_female_pyroar_shiny_by_3d_poke_sprites-d8hlamf.gif

Roara (Pyroar) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Hyper Voice
- Dark Pulse
- Will-O-Wisp

Hidden Power Grass isn't an option because it doesn't have it.
But I found Will-O-Wisp was a great way to outspeed some foes and burn 'em. :p

Just so you know, I like making mixed teams. So Pokemon from OU and Below will do. :3

Bring on the Pokemon Suggestions ~ !
Since this is singles like you said Sun couldn't be so effective, unless you can try experimenting with a Eject Button Ninetails. If you benefit speed and EV train it, it could prove out to be helpful to Pyroar, but it's practically useless :p I suggested this if you wanted to experiment.

@mourning_sun , I'm a little unsure because it's another ground weakness. But then again every team can't be perfect. :p I will try it out once I get a full team of 6. But for now, it'll be added to the party. I was also thinking of Lando-T. Ground types can't touch it. It's most feared weakness is resisted by everything on the team (so far).

Now... Let's talk walls. :p I need 'em. Doublade, Lando-T, and Pyroar will fall to the claws of a Weavile.
How about Torkoal?
"252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Torkoal: 82-97 (29.1 - 34.5%) -- 6.4% chance to 3HKO"
"252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Torkoal: 68-81 (24.1 - 28.8%) -- 97.8% chance to 4HKO"

It's certainly resists multiple blows from a Weavile w/ Life Orb. (The calculator wasn't even set with a nature for Torkoal, so It's under Hardy right now) Also can get rid of entry hazzards as well as set them up.

Anyway, here's what I got,
Torkoal @Leftovers
Bold
Shell Armor
248HP / 252Def / 8SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Lava Plume
-Toxic

Thundrus --> Lando-T. (I may sound like an idiot but it makes Earth useless and gets rid of the Water weakness as well)

Thundrus @Sitrus Berry
Adamant / Jolly
Prankster
252Atk / 252Spe / 4HP
-Thunder Wave
-Taunt
-Knock Off
-Wild Charge

M-Diancie --> Doublade (Still sounding like an idiot?, let me prove myself wrong, Magic Bounce, not only this, it's base offense is 160 and defense 110 with a side of 110 base speed. Definitely a good replacement for Doublade.)

Diancie @Diancite
Naive
Clear Body
32ATK / 224SpA / 252Spe
-Diamond Storm
-Moonblast
-Earth Power
-Reflect
What do you think? Hope I helped o/

Since this is singles like you said Sun couldn't be so effective, unless you can try experimenting with a Eject Button Ninetails. If you benefit speed and EV train it, it could prove out to be helpful to Pyroar, but it's practically useless :p I suggested this if you wanted to experiment.

How about Torkoal?
"252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Torkoal: 82-97 (29.1 - 34.5%) -- 6.4% chance to 3HKO"
"252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 252 Def Torkoal: 68-81 (24.1 - 28.8%) -- 97.8% chance to 4HKO"

It's certainly resists multiple blows from a Weavile w/ Life Orb. (The calculator wasn't even set with a nature for Torkoal, so It's under Hardy right now) Also can get rid of entry hazzards as well as set them up.

Anyway, here's what I got,
Torkoal @Leftovers
Bold
Shell Armor
248HP / 252Def / 8SpD
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Lava Plume
-Toxic

Thundrus --> Lando-T. (I may sound like an idiot but it makes Earth useless and gets rid of the Water weakness as well)

Thundrus @Sitrus Berry
Adamant / Jolly
Prankster
252Atk / 252Spe / 4HP
-Thunder Wave
-Taunt
-Knock Off
-Wild Charge

M-Diancie --> Doublade (Still sounding like an idiot?, let me prove myself wrong, Magic Bounce, not only this, it's base offense is 160 and defense 110 with a side of 110 base speed. Definitely a good replacement for Doublade.)

Diancie @Diancite
Naive
Clear Body
32ATK / 224SpA / 252Spe
-Diamond Storm
-Moonblast
-Earth Power
-Reflect
What do you think? Hope I helped o/

Stop saying that you "might sound like an idiot." If you're wrong, you'll be corrected; that's all there is too it.

Stop saying that you "might sound like an idiot." If you're wrong, you'll be corrected; that's all there is too it.
I started competitive less than a year ago, just trying to help without being cut down, that's all :p (even though I doubt I will)

I started competitive less than a year ago, just trying to help without being cut down, that's all :p (even though I doubt I will)
And that's fine, making mistakes is an extremely effective method for learning, so as a traceur, let me tell you once, don't be afraid to mess up, Poke. If anything, the harsher the criticism, the more you'll learn.

Reactions: Pookie
*sees topic is almost 1 month old*
Eh... might as well :p

Mawile might seem rather underwhelming when it comes to stats without a Mega Evolution, but the combination of its amazing dual typing and a great defensive ability make it a rather viable physical wall ;) It also has access to the ever-so-useful Stealth Rock, and you get a very good combination with Lando-T with the double Intimidate (just be careful not to use it on Bisharp :p)

303.gif

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic/Pain Split/Metal Burst
- Play Rough
- Protect
To put in perspective:
-1 252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mawile: 188-224 (61.8 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Of course you wouldn't stay in on a Lando-T (unless you want the free switch or want to catch them off guard with a Metal Burst :p).

An alternative (if you don't want to have so many Ground weaknesses) could be Granbull, it has higher stats overall, access to Heal Bell and T-Wave but you lose Rocks and the better defensive typing in exchange.

Reactions: Mr. Kream and Pookie
Actually, looking at what Sam suggested, and noting a possible vulnerability to ground and fighting types, I'd suggest this, as it works as a great support to stall breaking builds like that Mawile; and should be an asset to Pyroar as well.

claydol.gif

Sexy Beast (Claydol) @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Reflect
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat

Claydol's a favorite of mine, and is great because most players don't know what to expect from it when they see it, and those that do, expect a free set-up. Albeit situational, this makes Magic Coat an extremely great pairing for him that can also be rather frustrating to deal with.

Another thing about this set that compliments that Mawile is that both have Stealth Rock, and with the prevalence of entry hazard removers, the duality is great for maintaining an offensive presence and some solid mind game potential, not to mention being a hazard remover himself.

And lastly, Reflect. Reflect is OP, yet never abused; abuse it here because between Reflect, Intimidate, and Will-O-Wisp, or even just Reflect and Will-O-Wisp, you can break down any physical attacker in the game quickly enough that you will have obvious and certain room for Wallbreakers and set-up sweepers to come in unhindered and sweep.

He's the only Pokemon besides Mew that can learn such a combination of techniques (Edit: Arceus can, too, apparently), and does it rather well.

The given Effort Values ensure that he can withstand one super effective special blow as long as it's not a crit or something from some wallbreaker grass type using Leaf Storm. It should also be noted that he can afford to run a specially defensive spread although this one is preferred for OU.​

Last edited:
Back