Mario Kart MK7 Maps Faceoff #1 MK7 Rainbow Road vs. SNES Rainbow Road!

• Thread starter GamerGoldFish
  • Start date

MK7 Rainbow Road VS SNES MK Rainbow Road

• MK7 Rainbow Road

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • SNES MK Rainbow Road

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
GamerGoldFish

GamerGoldFish

beep boop gimme da scoop
Towns Folk
Hey guys GamerGoldFish here with a Mario Kart 7 Maps Faceoff. Today it is MK7 Rainbow Road versus SNES Rainbow Road!

Mario Kart 7 Rainbow Road:
The Mario Kart 7 Version of this map features a very extensive and long map with many opportunities to fall off of the map. It also features a system that came with two other maps in MK7... It has three sections instead of three laps! This results in a large map, and for people who are not used to this map layout, it makes it a harder map, hense they cannot adapt to the map per lap.

SNES Mario Kart Rainbow Road:
The SNES Mario Kart Version of this map features a very small and short map with 3 laps. It also hides many unexpected turns and 2 thwamps on each side of 2 narrow roads at one point. This map is especially hard for those players who play in first person most of the time. If you are one of those people (Which by the way I am) Then I recommend using Third Person on this map.

Ok guys those are my overviews of each Rainbow Road map! Vote and/or comment which one you like more! Enjoy!

MK7 Rainbow Road for sure. SNES RR is spammed way too much and is quite frankly annoying to play.

I think I prefer the SNES RR because it requires more skill to win with tight turns and a narrow part after the second to last turn (not counting the Thwomp you need to get around before the third to last turn), however once an expert player up front stays in the lead it's all over since he gets all the coins he needs and has nothing else to dodge.

I really enjoy the new Rainbow Road more, especially with the polished space environment. While this track provides a lot of neat eye-candy, the SNES version is really just more of a basic circuit. It's all right for getting coins and doing speed races, but the I enjoy the newer one a lot more.

I enjoy the old rainbow road myself, for the fact that I'm not constantly calling off and you get great drifts on that track! It was a close call on which one was better in my mind although! The graphics on the new on for mk7 are beautiful and I really enjoyed driving on the moon! (Nice touch Nintendo ;3) both are great tracks, that,sadly, a lot of people dislike because it's easy to fall off...

Mario Kart 7 Rainbow Road is a fun and long map to race on. It's a great course for many comebacks if your standing isn't so well. Plus it has a nice tune that almost everyone can enjoy and makes each race that much better.

I like the classic SNES Rainbow Road track because I feel like I'm going very fast. There's many turns so you can get many drifting boosts on the course. The MK7 Rainbow Road is cool and everything but the magic of history has the SNES won taking the win from me. :)

Back