Mario Kart MK8 Mercedez Benz DLC and update discussion.

• Thread starter WarioTails358
  • Start date
WarioTails358

WarioTails358

Dedede that's the name you should know!
Towns Folk
Nintendo announced that at the end of august they will release a dlc that has 3 cars based on the mercedez car. it will come in 3 varieties and have different colors depending on who is driving it.
there also be a update, here are the most noticeable ones,
An improved Stable online service,
A minimap on the tv like past mario karts.
A coin stats recorder,
and a option when you finish a grand prix to go to next race.

I like that here will be some new karts in the game, but I think there are too many Mercedes models. If they can make so many Mercedes inspired race cars. I question why they couldn't just make some brand new karts that are consistent with the Mario Kart universe. The other fixes seem solid, so I'll give this update a thumbs up overall.

I think it's a great update. Total coin count will really help a lot as well.

TBH, I'd rather have the widescreen Mario that Nintendo teased (maybe not a real product) in the 30-second advert, but seeing this is free, this is okay DLC as well.

I like that here will be some new karts in the game, but I think there are too many Mercedes models. If they can make so many Mercedes inspired race cars. I question why they couldn't just make some brand new karts that are consistent with the Mario Kart universe. The other fixes seem solid, so I'll give this update a thumbs up overall.

In response to sodajet, it seems that these are alternate skins/models to existing kart bodies: the Silver Arrow looks like a re-skin of the Mach 8, the Roadster an alternate for Badwagon or Sports Coupe, and the title GLA a variant of the Cat Cruiser. IMO, the designs seem a bit unoriginal.

Really wish I had a Wii u to play MK8 :"( anyways I'm thinking when Nintendo unvailed the Mercedes Benz thing they really weren't thing too much for the players here... As we all know Nintendo is sinking lower and lower and is in constant need of money, and I'm sure Mercedes played Nintendo some big bucks so to be a dlc in the game, case closed.

It seems like pretty much everything is driven by money these days. I think Mercedes would pay a lot of money just for one kart, imagine hoe big the payout 3 karts would be. I guess Nintendo is experiencing some financial difficulties, but they should remedy this by releasing more quality games instead of making partnerships with companies for some money.

It seems like pretty much everything is driven by money these days. I think Mercedes would pay a lot of money just for one kart, imagine hoe big the payout 3 karts would be. I guess Nintendo is experiencing some financial difficulties, but they should remedy this by releasing more quality games instead of making partnerships with companies for some money.
I so agree with you, nintendo shouldn't be making these partnerships with other companies (which they've been doing alot lately...) they should get back with the fans, release more quality games, specifically hurry up and release flipnote studio 3D which was supposed to be released in NA like a year ago today, and just over all start being more fan-friendly. Still, i'll be a nintendo fan to the end

Yeah, I don't mind them doing business although I feel they could be putting their efforts in other areas. The Wii U for example is suffering from a drought of games, mainly third-party, although the first-party support hasn't been too substantial either. The 3DS still hasn't gotten Flipnote Studio 3D, which was one of the most awaited applications for he system. I hope Nintendo shores up on some of these areas as well as a couple others since that's what I've come to expect from them.

Yeah, I don't mind them doing business although I feel they could be putting their efforts in other areas. The Wii U for example is suffering from a drought of games, mainly third-party, although the first-party support hasn't been too substantial either. The 3DS still hasn't gotten Flipnote Studio 3D, which was one of the most awaited applications for he system. I hope Nintendo shores up on some of these areas as well as a couple others since that's what I've come to expect from them.
Yea, they really do need to step up to the plate with the Wii U games,and 3DS games for that fact. The only reason I haven't bought a Wii U (or even asked for one....) is the fact that it doesn't seem like you have a wide range of games to choose from. And about flipnote studio 3D? when Nintendo announced they were closing down flipnote hatena it literally broke my heart...I was an avid user of it for 3 years and loved the service and had some great memories with it. And then soon after they announced flipnote studio 3D, I rejoiced and anticipated its release. Well then fall came and left and still no flipnote 3D, all us flipnote users are very antsy after waiting a whole year as you can imagine

Yea, they really do need to step up to the plate with the Wii U games,and 3DS games for that fact. The only reason I haven't bought a Wii U (or even asked for one....) is the fact that it doesn't seem like you have a wide range of games to choose from. And about flipnote studio 3D? when Nintendo announced they were closing down flipnote hatena it literally broke my heart...I was an avid user of it for 3 years and loved the service and had some great memories with it. And then soon after they announced flipnote studio 3D, I rejoiced and anticipated its release. Well then fall came and left and still no flipnote 3D, all us flipnote users are very antsy after waiting a whole year as you can imagine

Well, you have to note that Iwata is now in charge of pretty much both Nintendo of Japan as well as NoA and NoE, given that the company's current goal is to get the rest of the fiscal year over with big name titles (Smash Bros and Amiibo support) I suspect unfortunately that Flipnote 3D is one of the least of the company's priorities for now.

I don't think this is a money issue. Nintendo already has loads in the bank and even with Wii U sales profit loss now, they won't go bankrupt for at least 2 more console generations. I feel that this is a promotion more along the lines to reinforce the sales of MK8 (and consequently the Wii U) in Western countries; the Big N probably wants to attract a wider range of consumers (like auto-maniacs)

Well, you have to note that Iwata is now in charge of pretty much both Nintendo of Japan as well as NoA and NoE, given that the company's current goal is to get the rest of the fiscal year over with big name titles (Smash Bros and Amiibo support) I suspect unfortunately that Flipnote 3D is one of the least of the company's priorities for now.
Yes i'd have to agree with everything your saying.... Iwata has got a big responsibility and it's kind've understandable that he hasn't released flipnote studio 3D (even more so after the servers failing in japan for the application.) Still for us, he could've kept flipnote hatena for the dsi up until the release (the actual release) of flipnote 3D. For that I have to say i'm still upset... but thanks for the better insight on it anyway...

Back