MM3D vs N64 (OoT can also be talked about)

• Thread starter secretsupergirl
  • Start date
S

secretsupergirl

New Kid on the Block
Towns Folk
For players that played both MM and OoT remakes and the original which do you wish to play more the newer modern one with some better features or the classic version that was there first and why do you like that version more? As for me leaning towards MM 3Ds version but I haven't fully decided as for OoT 3D vs original I didn't play too much of it yet but I do know it's not that much different expect nicer graphics and a minor change to the water temple and a couple of new features that doesn't change the game play that much

i love MM3D, i'm going for the 3 heart challenge right now, i enjoy the new features such as the extra item slots in the touch screen, and the improvements to the song of double time, for the graphics, i just don't know they always looked nice to me even if everyone else said they were bad.

I played the original Ocarina of Time and the remake of Majora's Mask. I really don't mind how bad a game looks graphics wise, as long as it plays well and the camera responds well, I am fine. In the remake, I like the motion controls in Majora's Mask since it is easier to aim/shoot and it feels like I am actually am Link until I exit the first person POV.

While I do like the look of the new Majora's Mask for 3DS, I do not like the fact that certain portions of the game have been made easier. Unlike the improvements made to the Triforce quest in Wind Waker, which were mostly annoyance based, the "improvements" made to MM3D are mostly just to make the game slightly easier for newer players.

OOT3D and MM3D are way better than the original. Even though the original games are still good, which they are, but giving it a better look is the best thing to do. So that's why I prefer the 3DS version better, besides you can play the game in 3D!

Honestly I love them both, and it's hard to me to talk ill will of Majora in general because it's my favourite Zelda game, but I'm gonna hafta go for the N64 version - both out of nostalgia and, as Wariomovie said, challenge. Not that there's anything wrong with it being a bit easier, and there are some changes to it (just interface/control wise) that were great and don't affect difficulty in a bad way, but I wish most of the changes were more along those lines than simplifying parts of the game. But that's just my two cents.
^ ^"

The remakes are overall far, far superior to the originals, and this is coming from someone whose first Zeldas were OoT and MM on the N64.

The only issues I would cite would be the lighting ruining several locations in OoT, as well as the altered Zora controls in MM. That's it.

Going to go out on a limb here to take the unpopular decision.... truth is, I like the originals more!

I know technically everything about them are far less superior (graphics, gameplay, portability, etc...) but I just simply don't get the same nostalgic vibe while playing the 3DS versions you know what I mean?

Maybe its just me :n-omg::confused:

I personally like the 3D versions of both games more. When you think about it, remakes are a more complete version of the game than it's previous form. I don't see how it would be different for these two Zelda games. You can really see the differences in Majora's Mask, where they change up a lot of things, like how the Journal you get from the scrubs is used, and how they handle manipulating time.

Well I like the 3D version of Ocarina of Time. I never played the original but I hear the Water Temple was extremely tedious in the original.

I also never played either Majora's Mask but I might get the remake one day.

I have played the original N64 version, the Virtual Console version on the Wii, and Majora's Mask 3D. I remember the day that I first got Majora's Mask 3D was pretty hilarious. Basically, I got it as a gift the day I decided to go back and play the old version again. I had gotten all the way to the Deku Temple before I was surprised by Majora's Mask 3D. Ever since, Majora's Mask 3D has been my favorite 3DS game of all time. Also, OOT 3D was an awesome game too. When the very first Nintendo 3DS came out, on my birthday I was given a Nintendo 3DS, and Super Mario 3D Land and OOT 3D as launch titles to play with it. I successfully completed Super Mario 3D Land in no time flat, but I struggled with Ocarina of Time for a while. (It didn't help that I had already played the sequel to the game without ever playing the original OOT.) Eventually, I finally beat the game, and it was awesome. Also, look at all the differences between the new games and their original version. The new ones have better graphics, added features, the ability to play them on the go, and more. But, the old versions have that nostalgic feel that you never wanna let go of. So, in conclusion? I don't think that either version of both games is better than one another. Granted, they're the same game, but wouldn't it feel different if you played Majora's Mask on the N64, then went and played the 3D remake right after? Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I like the 3D version a lot, but I wouldn't say that it was better than the original.

Back