Modern Version of Stone Tablets for Switch?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
Few people know of one of the more obscure Zelda games, BS The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets. It was a "Remaster" of A Link To The Past where you could play as a Boy or Girl character who went on an adventure just after the events of the original game. Now you would think it's a sequel, but really it's just a remaster of the original game with enhanced music, changed dungeon designs, and new mechanics to fit around what the game was. Besides that everything else from the game is straight out of ALTTP. The game was played along side a live radio station for 1 hour a week divided among 4 weeks. If you want to know more be sure to look it up as its a lot of information to take in.

So why do I bring this up? After seeing gameplay of the game, it seems like a really fun idea that would actually be neat to try for the Switch. Wouldn't it be fun to have an HD like a remake of the Stone Tablets, perhaps even fitting in the world of A Link Between Worlds instead? It would be a fun idea that could be done multiple ways. Considering that the game would lock content to fit a live story, I would really hope for it to be a free to play game, it would offer a chance for more people to play it.

The game could be split into chapters, with a chapter unlocking every few days. Each chapter could unlock a new section of the world, playing in 1 big overall story. Each chapter will slowly unfold a vast story, which would be a big focus of the game. This alone doesn't seem like too good of an idea as they could just make a new Zelda game instead of a released in chapters game. But if you look at games like TellTale who releases chapters of stories that are about an hour long of gameplay for each release, it shows that it could work. But what would really drive it home is if this new version had different seasons. Such as season 1 is you trying to stop Ganon in Hyrule, then season 2 has you traveling to Termina where you have to stop Majora, or just a new land entirely for its story with a brand new villain.

There is so much that can be done with this idea, heck even customizable characters is open due to choosing your character in the original Stone Tablets. So what do you think? Would you like to see Ancient Stone Tablets be remade for the Switch? What changes would you like to see?

I think that if Ancient Stone Tablets was on the Switch it would be pretty cool but....
You got to remember that the Satellaview broadcasts ended in 2000. So if there were to remake the game for the Switch it would make sense to release in 2020 to celebrate the dead game.But other than that there's a slight chance of a remake but I doubt it.

Back