Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate best weapon for quick killing?+ Tips for survival

• Thread starter 532
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
Hey guys, So today I will be discussing about the best weapon for the quickest kills on tough enemies. I think that the best weapons for the quick kills are the ones that have more damage, but not necessarily high attack speed/ Rate of fire. So that is obviously the Great Sword, Heavy Bowgun, Hammer, and the switching Axe.
Survival:
For survival these are some tips that can help you NOT get killed by a boss enemy.
1.) Dodge! This is very important. If you do not dodge, you will get mowed down by enemies, and this is particularly dangerous if enemies have some combo attacks like when they run into you, claw you and toss you into the air and then you take damage from dropping.
2.) Attack continuosly with heavy weapons. There are enemies who stagger/stop after being hit by a weapon that is heavy and powerful. That usually is able to stop them in their tracks.
3.) Do not go head first into an attack. You will take a lot of damage from an attack and that might even make your attack unsuccesful.
4.) Heal if low on health. Potions are there for a reason: To heal you when low on health. I've seen many people that wait until the last speck of health to heal. This usually results in death because that health is not sufficient enough to take the attack.

What do you guys think? Did you like my tips and tricks? I would love for some feedback from you :)

Um, just because a weapon has high damage doesn't mean it will kill faster. Every monster has a strategy that it cannot counter. Slow large monsters are better targets for slow, heavy-hitting weapons (GS/Hammer) because you can get in powerful blows or charge attacks without the monster dodging it. A smaller faster monster is better attacked with a quick weapon (Dual Swords for me) so that you can hit it during those few seconds when it slows down. Really though, if you're really skilled with a weapon, you can do well against any monster.

Dodging is probably the most important skill a hunter can have. You can upgrade your armor all you want, but being able to dodge attacks and evade damage will protect you much more than your armor. For heavy weapons make sure you maximize their damage potential. With the greatsword, you want to get in as many Lv.3 charges as possible. Just using the draw attack or side smash is a waste of the true power of the weapon.

Anyway, nice stuff and have fun hunting!

Well, the GS may have a crapton of damage per hit, but faster weapons hit a lot more, adding up damage, so, in the end, it evens out.

But yeah, dodging is more important than attacking. I've seen scrubs who just try to attack their way through everything and it NEVER works. Its almost painful to watch xD

Back