Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Newbie

• Thread starter tronophono
  • Start date
tronophono

tronophono

The Gaming Nut Trono
Towns Folk
Alright guys I just bought Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for the 3DS.

I do not have a Wii U and wanted to see what the hubabaloo of this game was about.

I played it for around 10 hours now and so far loving it, but I hear that many of my friend to have waited

for the new Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS because of the online function. I'm planning to still get that but I just wanted

To get introduced to the game personally. What do you guys think should I have waited?

What do you guys think should I have waited?
If you're planning to get Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate anyway, it doesn't really matter. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is a great game on the 3DS despite its terrible controls, tiny text dialogue and lack of online play.

There are a lot of weapons to use and monsters to hunt, :love:

Hopefully MH4U will ease new players in like MH3U did, but if it doesn't myself and others could help you out.

I never played MH3U but the demo and I decided to wait for the 4, simply because I have already so many games to try that it didn't really bother me to wait. If you planned to get the 4 anyway, like Marc said, it doesn't really matter.

I liked the demo but never got into the hang of it.
Might try it later this week again.

I recommend you give it a go. It's pretty noob-friendly I think. Cause it's my first MH & I'm already in high rank. The monsters hit just a bit more than low rank. Besides the game is amazing. The environments and the monsters are quite detailed(I love misty peaks).

There are a few problems though. No online, horrible font & underwater battles. The uw battles are especially annoying in flooded forest, because the water is horribly dark and you can't see anything(not to mention the weeds :mad:). Fighting Gobul there was a nightmare. And you have a quest to cap lagi there as well :banghead:.

If these don't bother you, by all means get it cause I don't think MH4U is gonna be as easy as this one.

I have a few questions is monster hunter 3 ultimate (MH3U) really good and is it worth 40 bucks
2. Does anybody know why this game is so praised and what is different from other game similer to this game and why do I come back for more why Is it so addicting I just want to go to my friends house now just to play monster hunter 3 ultimate (MH3U) why is this game so good?

I have a few questions is monster hunter 3 ultimate (MH3U) really good and is it worth 40 bucks
2. Does anybody know why this game is so praised and what is different from other game similer to this game and why do I come back for more why Is it so addicting I just want to go to my friends house now just to play monster hunter 3 ultimate (MH3U) why is this game so good?
You answered your own question.

:p sometimes Im just a derp you know and I did lol

I did exactly as you did, I started monster hunter on my wii, then I wondered if getting mh3u or just wait for mh4u, but I decided to buy it. So far, I am loving it despite of its lack of online multiplayer (which can be handled if you own a wii u). I don'r really think it has horrible controls (I need to clarify something, I bought the circle pad pro to improve the gameplay, and It sure does). I think it is just a great game which you don't have to miss.

from my experience, the monster hunter series in general is just amazing. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is by far my favorite in the series (weird considering i strongly disliked Monster Hunter 3 Tri for the Wii.) I've been looking for a way to play online without a WiiU and i will be sure to let you know if i find one. I'd love to play with others. and i'll definitely be grabbing Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate when it drops. Let me know if you want help with any of the quests. :)

Back