Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate still going strong?

• Thread starter PutYourPants0n
  • Start date
PutYourPants0n

PutYourPants0n

Game Grump Aficionado
Towns Folk
Is MH3U still a thriving game? I want to get it, but I don't want to get it if the online will be down soon... Played Tri on the Wii and loved it, clocked in 1,000 hours but I was a little late getting a Wii U this Christmas, but I want to know if getting it now for the co-op is a mistake, and if I should just get MH4U instead... I'd prefer 3 because of the big screen, though :unsure:

TBH the only reason I still play 3 Ultimate is because I haven't bought 4 yet. Getting it for the coop is a mistake, getting it for the story is a mistake, getting it for a collection is okay.

It isn't as strong as it used to be considering there's a better sequel out right now and that it is quite dated if you look into it.

Most people have moved to 4U. The only holdouts are those console-only people.

I think that the monster hunter 3 game was really a good game and all but since not many players are still on it leaving only a few who still play it , I suggest getting Monster Hunter 4 in a later date . It's not so good to get an game where the newer version is out . The story of the monster hunter 3 isn't so well either . So my suggestion is that wait later to get Monster Hunter U or something because if you buy MH 3 . It will probably get old and you might not play it at all

I play it all the time. The game is still strong. and there are still many many many gamers on there playing 24/7 Once in a while some rooms will get filled and it's hard enough to find a lobby that isn't filled up.

For the WiiU, yeah, there are still quite an amount of people going online.

There are significantly less people playing the 3DS version though. (Because of 4U, obviously)

Actually I got the game before MH4U and I still love it. I think it is a pretty good game overall.

Monster hunter 3 ultimate has better graphics but less interesting story.
I would have to say 4 would be better for 3ds.

Monster hunter 3 ultimate has better graphics but less interesting story.
I would have to say 4 would be better for 3ds.
Only has better graphics if you're playing on the Wii U

There's probably a screenshot comparison of both game available somewhere to see if it's actually true or not? I'd be curious about that. I still want MH4U but the 3rd one is currently available in my usual game store.

There's probably a screenshot comparison of both game available somewhere to see if it's actually true or not? I'd be curious about that. I still want MH4U but the 3rd one is currently available in my usual game store.
Well, I can't compare them that way. However, I will say that in 4U, the colors are MUCH more vibrant. In 3U there were a lot of dull colors and if you take one look at any area in the Ancestral Steppes (other than the nest, there's a reason that it's grey, though), you can tell. The reason I wouldn't recommend you buy 3U is 1. We can't help you and 2. There's underwater combat which is difficult to master, especially on the 3DS.

Alright then! I'll try to be patient and will wait to be called for MH4U then =P Thanks for your input!

Back