Monster Hunter 4 Download Size and Multiplayer

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
According to Capcom's official Japan website, Monster Hunter 4 will have local and Wi-Fi gameplay. If you're going to download the game from the eShop, you should know that its file size is 1740MB (13920 blocks).

Will you be getting this game in 2014 via eShop or physical copy?

Local Wi-Fi as in local wireless play, right? Well, I want online multiplayer. The game is as big as Pokemon X/Y, I assume it will be pretty good as well.

Local Wi-Fi as in local wireless play, right?
Local play and online (Wi-Fi) play, :thumbsup:

Local play and online (Wi-Fi) play, :thumbsup:
Awesome! I confused it for some reason! xD Well, if the game gets positive reviews I might try it because I get it for free. xD :cool:

I was never too big a fan of Monster Hunter, and I lost all interest in the series when the ultimate monster hunting game (for me at least :p) Gods Eater Burst came out.

Not interested at all, but maybe I will give a try this time.

Did somebody say online multiplayer/Wi-Fi? Count me in on this one! I love games with online multiplayer because you can challenge your friends to games and just have an enjoyable experience after the game has been beaten.

Here's the Dirct for it:

Did somebody say online multiplayer/Wi-Fi? Count me in on this one! I love games with online multiplayer because you can challenge your friends to games and just have an enjoyable experience after the game has been beaten.

f30fd24c56e1bcfc926883d6a51d5a00.gif

Reactions: 532
This game has a ton of content so it's not a surprise the file size is so huge. Since Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is going to even more monsters, weapons, and content it will probably climb up to 2 GB. It is one massive game.

I think the file size is a bit smaller than that of the Mh3 ultimate, I downloaded mine and it was about 14something blocks, pretty big, so I see this is going to be somehow smaller, well that's cool cause I don't have too much free space on my sd lately XD

13,920 blocks? Doesn't sound that bad. The most I've ever encountered was Resident Evil Revelation (25,793) Good thing I have a 32gb sd card. I like all of my games to be downloaded rather than physical because It prevent from getting lost/stolen. Also, it saves time from inserting game rather than being a hassle.

I looked at the trailer and the game looks epic! Never played a monster hunter game before but will definitely give this one a try! I heard people saying they had over 500 hours or so on mh 3u for 3ds and that one didn't have online multiplayer like this one so this one is a definite pick up for 2015!

I looked at the trailer and the game looks epic! Never played a monster hunter game before but will definitely give this one a try! I heard people saying they had over 500 hours or so on mh 3u for 3ds and that one didn't have online multiplayer like this one so this one is a definite pick up for 2015!
I've heard of people playing for over 2000 hours xD

That's actually quite a surprise. The game seems to have really high-quality textures and the lighting effects are really good, so I did not expect it to be only 1.7 GB's.
I will be picking this up in itd physical form, as I like to have the box kept on my shelf :cat:
Online hype! :D

I've heard of people playing for over 2000 hours xD
2000 hours!? Oo I haven't even played that much on all of my 3ds games combined! That's crazy

Well the game is on my wanted list for sure after playing the Monster Hunter demo it was one of the best demos I have ever played and the best quest game I have ever seen with such graphics plus I can't believe it is so small.

Well , I think that the size is really quite decent for the many features and content the game already provides , but if I were to get this game , I'd prefer a retail copy instead of a digital copy :p Also , I think that multiplayer for online is always a must for these types of games :p

Also , I think that multiplayer for online is always a must for these types of games :p
Especially considering that multiplayer is the reason the series started in the first place xD

Back