Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Online Multiplayer Restricted by Region

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
North America and Europe MH4U players won't be able to play with Japanese players via online multiplayer due to the game being hosted on different servers.

I don't think it's a major problem because I can't read Japanese text, lol >.<

I'm not sure if North America and Europe MH4U players will be able to play online together, btw. Hopefully it's possible, but only time will tell. The good news is that you can play with anyone online (same server), not just people on your friend list, :love:

I'm glad! Some Japanese players are just brutal (amazing) when it comes to games like these, I can't read Japanese text as well, so I don't think it's a problem, the majority of NA/EU can't read Japanese. I think NA and EU players would be able to play together (just a guess), I sure hope so, I'd love to play with some of the EU members on here!

That's great! Reece is right, Japanese MH players are absolutely brutal, as it happened to me in MH3 Wii.
I will be mostly playing with people from here, so that's not a major problem for me.

Nooooooo!!!!!! :( How am I supposed to get those awesome Japanese players to help me grind for rubies now?:cry:

I would have preferred for there to be a single server for everybody. More servers = more fun. Regardless of background, everyone is still a hunter. A set of basic English commands for everyone to use could have helped bridge the language gap.

I don't care, as long as both European and Notrh American people can play on the same server.
And yes, Japanese people looks like they're on steroids when they play that kind of game (trust me, I have played MH3 on the Wii online, and played with Japanese people).

But I have to admit that a single server would have been better, but that would be risky in case of overload.

Nice news, guys. Both NA and EU gamers can play MH4U together online, Capcom Unity confirmed today. Now we can make a Monster Hunter event together, or even a time trial multiplayer contest! Rejoice XD

Reactions: D4rkDragon
It's great that at least the western players will at least get to play together. I think it makes sense since the overall environment is pretty similar. Japan just has a much different demographic and it would be a bit difficult trying to branch the language barrier. I'll definitely like to participate in some hunts. A time-trial is also a great way to stage a friendly competition.

Nice news, guys. Both NA and EU gamers can play MH4U together online, Capcom Unity confirmed today. Now we can make a Monster Hunter event together, or even a time trial multiplayer contest! Rejoice XD

That's more than great news :giggle: !That's excellent news ! Can't wait for the game to be released, I bet it'll be fun to play it online, or as you said, have tournaments or something!

Reactions: dwikrid
That's more than great news :giggle: !That's excellent news ! Can't wait for the game to be released, I bet it'll be fun to play it online, or as you said, have tournaments or something!
How would a tournament work? Not trying to shoot it down, just curious. I was thinking of some sort of hunt day where we set up different rooms with a PW so that only members can get on.

How would a tournament work? Not trying to shoot it down, just curious. I was thinking of some sort of hunt day where we set up different rooms with a PW so that only members can get on.

I don't really know myself, at the moment where I posted it, I thought of something like "The 1st to complete the quest" or something like that.

I don't really know myself, at the moment where I posted it, I thought of something like "The 1st to complete the quest" or something like that.
Hopefully MH4U will show how long it took to complete the quest in the Guild Card instead of just "Completed under 5 minutes!"

Reactions: D4rkDragon
Back