Monster Hunter 4G announced for the 3DS!

• Thread starter Reece
  • Start date
R

Reece

Capcom announced Monster Hunter 4G for the Nintendo 3DS during the Monster Hunter Fiesta 13 which is going on in Japan. The game is scheduled to come to the Nintendo 3DS at the end of the year. Save data from Monster Hunter 4 will be transferrable to the new game.

Reactions: Marc
Capcom announced Monster Hunter 4G for the Nintendo 3DS during the Monster Hunter Fiesta 13 which is going on in Japan. The game is scheduled to come to the Nintendo 3DS at the end of the year. Save data from Monster Hunter 4 will be transferrable to the new game.

Great, but people who will buy the MH4 game without knowing about the 4G one will regret...
Anyways, if it comes to Europe (I bet that the '4G' will be replaced), I'll buy it.

Great, but people who will buy the MH4 game without knowing about the 4G one will regret...
Anyways, if it comes to Europe (I bet that the '4G' will be replaced), I'll buy it.
I have a feeling that this one is going to be brought over to the US. and Europe, the other Monster Hunter 4 will remain as a Japan exclusive, I just hope they bring it over quick because I want to play Monster Hunter so bad.

I have a feeling that this one is going to be brought over to the US. and Europe, the other Monster Hunter 4 will remain as a Japan exclusive, I just hope they bring it over quick because I want to play Monster Hunter so bad.

It would resolve the upper problem in that case ;).
Sure it must be fun. I have played MH3 on the Wii, but I haven't tried MH3U. Is it good ?

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate finally comes to West in early 2015. That's a long way to go, but a little patience is good. This will add the list of 2015 3DS game alongside Mighty No.9.

This is certainly big news. I'd like to see the Monster Hunter series be as successful stateside as they are in Japan.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate finally comes to West in early 2015. That's a long way to go, but a little patience is good. This will add the list of 2015 3DS game alongside Mighty No.9.
Ah, that's too long, quite in 2015, I am excited though, the game will maybe have tons of improvement.

Lemme just update the thread more by posting that the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate vid:

Guys, be sure to tweet or post your thought about Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on the internet. The dev team are listening to our opinions, guys. Guys!!! XD
Adding info: I've found Capcom Localization Director Twitter who is currently working on MH4U, (at)itsumobasho. We can update about MH4U development directly from him :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc and Reece
I read about this yesterday. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is great, but it lacks multiplayer gameplay, so hopefully we get that in Monster Hunter 4G (I'm sure we will because it's already in Japan's MH4). I also hope that they improve the controls and the font size for dialogue (not sure about MH4 but MH3U didn't do those things right IMO).

A Wii U version also wouldn't hurt, :oops:

@Marc well, in my city, most offline gathering is held for increasing MH3U H-Rank and G-Rank, or having Poke battle. It's like once a month (the official gathering), but smaller one could be held between. On the other hand, the internet connection here is bad enough to play online smoothly. Therefore we depend more on local multiplayer :D
I think we only need to adapt with the control (it's easier using CPP, but I don't use it). It seems that MH4U would have better control. And you can ride on monsters! And you can use Insect Rod :D

I've put off the Monster Hunter games a lot after Freedom Unite - now I feel like I shouldn't have missed out. According to NintendoLife it's getting localized in early 2015. Oh yay; I'll look forward to this one to get back into the series.

What I dislike from the previous installment is the water -____- The environment is so-so, the battle is most likely realistic (except the breathing part); you have to lure monsters to the land to kill them easily. It's haaaard! It's nice not to have water battle in this upcoming installment :)

So, the game will also be released on WiiU ? Good news, as it will (or may) help with the WiiU sales... and game library (in France, every XB1/PS4 fan says that the console actually fails due to the lack of game).
Of course that, a year to wait, that's long, but we all know that will be worth it.

Actually, Japan is getting 4G this autumn. The game we're getting next year is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate for the 3DS only. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they were to announce a Wii U version closer to the holidays, but I really wouldn't mind because the 3DS version is going to have online.

So, is this same as Monster Hunter Ultimate thing? Have they sacked the Ultimate version of the game and turned it into a G? lol xD 3G, 4g,etc what's this Apple iPhone?!

So, is this same as Monster Hunter Ultimate thing? Have they sacked the Ultimate version of the game and turned it into a G? lol xD 3G, 4g,etc what's this Apple iPhone?!

Hmm... When you look at the past MH games, the one who always have the most content is MH(Put Number Here)G.
So, the G means 'Ultimate' version of the game with bonuses quests, armors, and stuff like this...
Ex: For the Japanese PSP MH games, it was MH2G, 3G...

But I admit it can lead to confusion with smartphones/operators who have a 3G/4G option ! :D

Back