Monster Hunter Generations Demo

• Thread starter D4rkDragon
  • Start date
D4rkDragon

D4rkDragon

Lemon Dragon
Towns Folk
Has anybody gotten it or tried it? I just checked my e-mails not too long ago, and Nintendo "offered" me to download the "special" demo (apparently), so I did, and honestly, it has been pretty cool so far (aside from CPP's default mapping, ZL+ZR should be mapped to Type 1 when you don't know, Capcom!).

So, for those lucky enough to have tried it or grabbed it (I heard it was a bit rough for Australian and most NA players though, they had to "buy" the demo via the Humble E3 Bundle (since when you buy a demo anyway?)), what did you think about it ? Did it confirm what you expected (hunting style + your main weapon becoming even better)?

I can't help but point out how late this post was made when the demo codes dropped like last week or so, although no one I know has actually gotten a code in their email. But the demo is releasing to the public on the 30th.

I can't help but point out how late this post was made when the demo codes dropped like last week or so, although no one I know has actually gotten a code in their email. But the demo is releasing to the public on the 30th.
No thread was made, and "better late than never", right ? Also, I know that it wasn't really a code, they just asked you to connect to your MyNintendo account, go on MHGeneration's Nintendo page, and click the "buy" button thing below it, and you'd get the Special Demo.

Also, for those wondering, it's 2040 blocks, roughly 250Mb.

That's for europe only, NA had demo codes sent to your email.

I got an email I think but haven't used my code

To everyone, if I may tell you : it's the best MH demo I ever played, I'm really looking forward to july 15th ^^

The demo is out to everyone now and it is really a good demo it doesn't have as many tutorials as monster hunter 4 ultimate demo but it is still beginner friendly still and I really enjoy that. I really like the new mechanics of hunter arts but since there now is a Ariel art mounting is much harder than ever before which is good and bad in its own since. It encourages different approaches than just waiting for a mount or spamming jump. The down side is the dodge for ariel is really bad. I will get this july 15th

The demo is out to everyone now and it is really a good demo it doesn't have as many tutorials as monster hunter 4 ultimate demo but it is still beginner friendly still and I really enjoy that. I really like the new mechanics of hunter arts but since there now is a Ariel art mounting is much harder than ever before which is good and bad in its own since. It encourages different approaches than just waiting for a mount or spamming jump. The down side is the dodge for ariel is really bad. I will get this july 15th

Well, spamming mounts will be "better" now, since hitting the monster while it is mounted contributes to trip it. I guess that this "Je suis monté" meme will strike back then, but won't be as criticized heavily as it was in 4U. On another note, they made it harder to mount a monster.

I love this demo, I can´t stop playing with the prowler since I´ve always wanted to be able to use the cats as playable characters. I also like the way they improved the tutorials in this demo, now I can learn way more easily how to use every weapon that I didn´t know how to use before. I´m so gonna get it the day it comes out.

I did not know about the Demo, but I am just asking, is it available to everyone? Especially in North America? Can't wait for the game cause the E3 video was just awesome! "Some have evolved"??!? This 3 words pretty much made me want to grab my phone screen and try to get the game. Can't wait to test out the game, any ideas about the new features?

I did not know about the Demo, but I am just asking, is it available to everyone? Especially in North America? Can't wait for the game cause the E3 video was just awesome! "Some have evolved"??!? This 3 words pretty much made me want to grab my phone screen and try to get the game. Can't wait to test out the game, any ideas about the new features?
It's on the 3DS. If you need some more "portable" Monster Hunter, there's MH:Explore, but considering that Capcom is closing the NA/Canadian servers, you'll have to go with the JP version.
And yes, now the demo is available for everyone to try, whether you're from NA, Europe or Australia.

Reactions: GamerDudeXXX
Ok i tried the mh4u and then im good at it but when i have the mhg im so bad!

Ok i tried the mh4u and then im good at it but when i have the mhg im so bad!
MHGen has some different mechanics.

However, they aren't different enough to explain why you suck.

MHGen has some different mechanics.

However, they aren't different enough to explain why you suck.
Ok

It should even be the other way around, you should be better in the new game since a lot of things got easier and you can see more.

I read however that they improved AI and hit boxes, so maybe that?

Ok

Back