Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (MHXX in Japan) ANCOUCED FOR US AND EUROPE!!!

• Thread starter coolflare
  • Start date

Are YOU HYPED!?!?!?!?

• Total voters
coolflare

coolflare

The flame of wonder and coolness
Towns Folk
Dc2BC4WUQAI-_Fr

I kid you not, WE’RE FINNALLY GETTING THIS GAME OUTSIDE OF JAPAN!

Not too long ago, Nintendo of America made a tweet announcing it. You can see that here

Unlike in Japan, it will only be on Switch, rather than on Switch and 3ds, but I’m not complaining.

It is set to release on August 28 for both the Americas and Europe

Although it isn’t Monster Hunter World, this will suffice :).

Now Calling all MH fans, Are You HYPED!?!?!?!?

Reactions: Starry Windy and Marc
If it has online play, a yellow Pikachu by my side (or something similar) and I can crush monsters with you guys... #hype :eyes2:

Reactions: coolflare
If it has online play, a yellow Pikachu by my side (or something similar) and I can crush monsters with you guys... #hype :eyes2:
Just like the Japanese version, IT DOES!!!!!

But people who own Monster Hunter Generations will have a head start since they can transfer the data they have in that game to this one.

But people who own Monster Hunter Generations will have a head start since they can transfer the data they have in that game to this one.
Hmm.. could you give me an example of how much of a head start they'll have?

Hmm.. could you give me an example of how much of a head start they'll have?
Since I played Monster Hunter Generations, this is how it goes

When hunting via Multiplayer, there are 3 Ranks, Low rank, high Rank, and G Rank

Monster Hunter Generations only had Low Rank and High Rank So people that have played that game already can move on straight to G Rank

Last edited:
Reactions: Marc
no 3ds version :(

Reactions: Duffy
no 3ds version :(
But regular Generations is on 3ds. If haven’t already, go play it and get a head start, trust me, it’ll be worth it :)

Don't we already have enough MH games on 3DS? ;-;
Since when is 4 (more for Japan) enough? :p
But regular Generations is on 3ds. If haven’t already, go play it and get a head start, trust me, it’ll be worth it :)
Don't own a copy of generations yet. I have 4 Ultimate on 3ds, could never really get into it. Maybe I was just too busy. I'll have to try again some day.

THERES NO 3DS RELEASE DAMMIT.

That means no cross play as well :(

I heard the first 3 tiers of quests in Generations are just gathering and slaying quests *shiver*

Don't we already have enough MH games on 3DS? ;-;

We wouldn't mind normally, but keep in mind that XX is actually on the 3ds, meaning they're just not porting THAT version.
The Japanese version even had cross play...

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard the first 3 tiers of quests in Generations are just gathering and slaying quests *shiver*
No, it’s not. And in normal Generations, it’s only 2 tiers, low and high. Generations ultimate
(MhXX) has 3 tiers. Quests consists of Gathering, Hunting, capturing and repeling.

We wouldn't mind normally, but keep in mind that XX is actually on the 3ds, meaning they're just not porting THAT version.
The Japanese version even had cross play...
The 3ds’s life is reaching it’s peak. Most Nintendo consoles last usually for 6-7 years. The 3ds is on it’s 8th year and most people expect it to kick the bucket sometime in 2019 or 2020.

And next time, please DO NOT TRIPPLE POST. If you can merge the 2 posts you made, that would be nice. Thanks for the replys thou :thumbsup:

Reactions: Farhaan Raja
No, it’s not. And in normal Generations, it’s only 2 tiers, low and high. Generations ultimate
(MhXX) has 3 tiers. Quests consists of Gathering, Hunting, capturing and repeling.

When I say tiers, I mean the star quests.
Generations has 1*, 2*, 3*, 4*, 5* and 6* in solo mode, but the first three consist of mainly hunting genprey and gathering stuff.
I'm guessing XX goes up tp 10* like 4u (singleplayer)?

Reactions: coolflare
So, I read this again and at first I thought it was a port of Monster Hunter World .-. Kind of disappointing we still aren't getting it.

So, I read this again and at first I thought it was a port of Monster Hunter World .-. Kind of disappointing we still aren't getting it.
Im pretty sure it’s impossible on the switch. Unless they fully remade the game to run on switch. Sure, you can say that breath of the wild runs on it, but its render distance isnt great. It would take more than just lowering the graphics, and that in itself would take alot of work.

Im pretty sure it’s impossible on the switch. Unless they fully remade the game to run on switch. Sure, you can say that breath of the wild runs on it, but its render distance isnt great. It would take more than just lowering the graphics, and that in itself would take alot of work.
I have experience with coding and when I tried to see if the game could run on the switch’s hardware: I discovered this:

Is it possible?
Yes, it actually is, but A LOT would have to be cut out. Specific details like anti-aliasing and shadow rendering do push a console to some degree but taking that out to the point where it can run somewhat smoothly on switch will make the game run on 480p and look a little blurry and gross. Capcom doesn’t feel like going all that trouble just to try and find a workaround. Me and a friend played with the PS4 rom (that we do legally own since we own the physical game) and tried to see how we could compare it to the switch’s specs, and it isn’t hard to compare to PC Graphics cards found in the market today.

I feel ya :(. E3 can give us some sliver of hope but if not, this is pretty good compensation for me :thumbsup:

If they wanted to port World, they'd have to start from the ground up and completely rework it to go on the Switch.
XX is the better choice; a version exists already, and the gameplay style it has is the same as the MH games on previous Nintendo consoles (Tri, 3U, 4U, Gen)

Back