Monster Hunter Generations

• Thread starter SoProHunter
  • Start date
SoProHunter

SoProHunter

That one friend without fastcharge 5 ooo
Towns Folk
Capcom requested trademark registration today for Monster Hunter Generations and it's likely to be shown off in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow and I wanted to get your guys' opinion on what you think it is. I think it's likely the western Monster Hunter X.

^

Sounds neat. Monster Hunter has been getting a lot of love lately so this wouldn't come to me as a surprise xD

Reactions: SoProHunter
I would be more surprised if it was something else other than MHX but when I see it I'll be super excited!

The name would make sense as there are villages from several past generations. However, I don't see why they would drop the name X considering the symbolism it has for the actual game.

The name would make sense as there are villages from several past generations. However, I don't see why they would drop the name X considering the symbolism it has for the actual game.
That's why I'm a little sceptical that it's MHX but I really don't know what else it would be.

That's why I'm a little sceptical that it's MHX but I really don't know what else it would be.
It could be Stories for all we know or a new game. For Stories, I don't understand the name there, either.
Another thing, now that I think about it, while highly unlikely, would be rereleases of the older generations. That's probably the least likely of all theories, though.

Capcom requested trademark registration today for Monster Hunter Generations and it's likely to be shown off in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow and I wanted to get your guys' opinion on what you think it is. I think it's likely the western Monster Hunter X.
More likely to be Monster Hunter X G/Ultimate. If we were to had MHX, they would probably have announced it earlier. Plus, considering how Capcom did not release 4 but 4U/4G, I think it's likely that they'll pull the same trick again. Another hint for this is also the fact that in the "leaked Direct info", there's a mention about a Fire Emblem collab, while MHX has no data that could hint at a future FE collab DLC.

More likely to be Monster Hunter X G/Ultimate. If we were to had MHX, they would probably have announced it earlier. Plus, considering how Capcom did not release 4 but 4U/4G, I think it's likely that they'll pull the same trick again. Another hint for this is also the fact that in the "leaked Direct info", there's a mention about a Fire Emblem collab, while MHX has no data that could hint at a future FE collab DLC.
I hope it is a game with G Rank. High Rank isn't hard in the slightest in the past couple of generations, so having more challenge would be nice.

I doubt it is a G rank version since Japan hasn't gotten one for it yet.

Reactions: Iridium Winter
High rank is challenging with High Rank armor.

High rank is challenging with High Rank armor.
That could be debated. It's not just higher attack power/hp/defense or whatever in G Rank. The monsters are also faster and have some different moves that weren't in High Rank. And they tend to rage more often.

Woohoo! I was right that it was our MHX! The hype is real!!!

I am pretty excited about this, but I am apprehensive as there isn't going to be G-Rank. Which is weird, since all the games we've gotten recently have had it.

I am pretty excited about this, but I am apprehensive as there isn't going to be G-Rank. Which is weird, since all the games we've gotten recently have had it.
All 2 of them? :p

All 2 of them? :p
\

Two or not, most of the ones we got have had G-Rank, so it feels weird it not being in this one.

\

Two or not, most of the ones we got have had G-Rank, so it feels weird it not being in this one.
Remember, though, this is more or less a side series game, so it doesn't follow all the rules.

Back