Monster hunter rise - will quests scale based on number of players (especially for solo)?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i really liked MHGU, had some awesome mechanics, good music (only natural for monster hunter lol), but there were times where finding help for the endgame deviants and some elder dragons was a much bigger pain than the quest itself. from people quitting before putting forth any real effort to just awkward trolls and some who were toxic for no real reason besides "oh we failed the quest and its all your fault" type of dumb attitude. the premature quitting was a lot more common in my experience, and i eventually got the point where i developed a "no quitters allowed" policy for my lobbies. if people quit on the first cart of the first game, and i was the only real player left i would abandon and kick bomb these people, this is the absolute worst in the endgame and im not skilled enough to solo monsters with massive health and OHKOs so this started to make me legitimately mad.

i realize not all the online players are immature, toxic or impatient like this, but unfortunately at least one third of the community is and it takes the fun out of things when it happens too much. ive gotten some groups of real players who know you cant succeed or get your powerful gear with that attitude and these are the people i enjoy playing with even if its not going as well as id like it to. i can tolerate losses, i cant tolerate rudeness and premature quitting. thats what really can end up making it impossible when people focus too much on perfect hunts.

so will MH rise feature quest scaling based on number of players? this would make things fun and interesting since im hoping to solo most of the game (if fatalis comes back note i will attempt to solo these if they return. i particularly had more trouble with crimson fatalis overall in MHGU so if all three come back i may need help on him. white fatalis isnt bad after enough practice, its mostly a game of survival and avoiding his lightning bolts tbh. but being a LBG only person they have too much health in GU and id run out of ammo solo). i heard people saying they think it will but i havent been able to find any actual confirmation of this.

there seems to not be any hints or details that say that game changes anything based on number of players in a quest , everything one can say at this point is guesses that can only be taken with a grain of salt as no one for sure has any of this info at this time.
well unless someone get to do some tests to multiplayer and gets to display info somehow somewhere about things related to online play that happen to disclose info releated to that before release which is unlikely is the most imaginable way info of which you seek before release can be obtained.

Back