Monster Hunter Stories (3DS): Fatalis Armor+ Fatalis Hunting Horn Breaks the Game

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i havent seen much talk about the fatalis armor and weapons in this game but im going to be honest, this stuff is seriously unrivaled and VERY broken. especially with the hunting horn from him, it has a skill that reduces all enemies defense to 0 for one turn and this is insane when it comes to horde wiping or doing easily high damage to elder dragons (this seems to work on them when i had a chance to activate it... the game didnt say 'guard' so i assume it even affects these). pair this with a stygian zinogre or any powerful monster and you blow through almost everything like butter. and if you were able to get the molten tigrex and optimize his genes for buffing the crap out of blastblight this will be a serious pain for anyone against this in an online battle especially if said rider decided to be ridiculous and keep kirin AND oroshi kirin for their second and third monsters (for people who do online... i dont personally but i imagine having to deal with these three and a person equipped with fatalis armor would likely be as ruinous as possible).

use all of this, a strong monster and if youre as lucky as i was to get a talisman with both order cost down L+ kinship L youre probably near immortal with a set of strong monsters... i cheesed some otherwise tiring HR quests with all of this stuff equipped and switched monsters accordingly, even teostra, kushala and kirin barely give me any problems when i use all of this and that crazy hunting horn.... the only issue that might pose a barrier to getting all this broken gear is the talisman being very RNG and fatalis hitting like a super boss and giving a plethora of status ailments which makes him a nasty damage sponge (i personally think rajang is a lot worse and significantly less tolerable and worthwhile though...). not sure why no one pointed out how amazing this stuff is (excluding the charm which most people probably couldnt get since its very special and wont drop from fighting a hard elder dragon unfortunately), ive seen people beat fatalis but hardly anyone discussed his armor and weapons which is strange imo, maybe it was too tedious and hard for most?

but anyway, good luck to anyone to who decides to go for this stuff.. it felt very worth it to me and saved me an otherwise extremely long scavenger hunt for rare HR large monsters which was very nice as well and i will play for fun at this point =)

edit: i forgot to mention the armor skills on the fatalis armor so apologies for this, but it makes you immune to every status ailment in the game except for blastblight and bleeding (bleeding is more trivial since there arent many monsters that can inflict it), and it has very high base defense. it does have some element penalties but with so many status ailments being useless on you and the high base defense its not going to pose much of a threat tbh, and the hunting horn skill also breaks pretty much everything with a good hard hitting monster out. if you dont have a strong talisman for kinship and order cost down, tenacity, negate blastblight might be good alternatives and these seem to drop much more often in my personal experience (might require a HR den)

Last edited:
Back