Monster Hunter Stories (final boss), never take your time... or you die

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i was recently watching someone fight the final boss in this game, Makili Pietru and i ended up seeing something pretty dang scary in the video that did not happen to me when i fought him. i thought it was relatively safe to take your time on this boss, and i just used ratha to break the head and did my best to have him hit the body as well. the main issue i had was a lack of kinship (elder dragons dont seem to have a dominant attack tendency which i suppose makes sense) and there were several times he part regenerated and id be forced to use my kinship points to break the parts all over again (this was pretty annoying but i managed).

so i beat him without more than one death which was great. but what did i see happen to someone else that (very fortunately) did not happen to me when i fought him? well, he started to charge a slow acting attack and i saw navirou say "something strange is in the air..." which was definitely a major warning... we all know something very bad is going to happen when we see a late game boss do this type of thing in battle. and trust me, this was very bad--he took a second turn still charging the attack and then after the player in the video got ready to attack he unleashed a very deadly move--Black reprimand, instantly killed both the person and the monster and this user's monster was relatively strong for this point in the game. my immediate reaction was mostly speechless but i must have been very lucky to kill him before he could fully charge or even use this attack. i was literally like 'wait he didnt do that to me!' i didnt think even the final boss pulled surprise instant kills when his health was low, i thought for my entire gameplay that only fatalis and teostra did this kind of thing 0_0 note your defense doesnt mean a darn thing with ultimate attacks in this game, they kill regardless if youre hit by them (avoidable but EXTREMELY difficult to and limited instances where its possible to avoid death from them)

so uh... do yourself a favor if you havent fought this boss yet and dont mind spoilers... never take your time after makili pietru is enraged... or you die (more than likely)

Back