monster hunter stories: kirin+ oroshi kirin thundercall/ glacial pillar is ruinous... (arena offline)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
it took me a bit to finally level up my oroshi kirin and give her a good ice bingo with skill seal rate L, but i had her at lv 86 when i decided to do the standard offline tournaments for fun. i had kirin as my lead monster, then oroshi kirin and stygian zinogre as a backup third monster. i had my usual favorite fatalis armor+ his hunting horn and used my kinship L+ order cost down L charm as well... then i literally just spammed thundercall for almost every turn with some occasional heals from my person and i managed to get some of my hunting horn's combo in as well in some of these battles which was great. i did this for pretty much every battle in a gold and some platinum tournaments, and did glacial pillar with oroshi kirin as well a few times... each battle lasted no more than probably 3 minutes max. some of these were so insanely quick it felt like under a minute!

seriously, this is pure insanity. i thought stygian zinogre spamming was fast. but this? this was even more absurd and there were numerous instances where kirin double KO'd both the person and the monster. obviously, if that wasnt the last two hearts, the third one took next to no time at all to get rid of and boom--i won just like that.... ridiculously broken. even the platinum AI was practically helpless against this, its just too many hits over and over again and near impossible to recover from reliably. if anyone thought platinum tournaments were cheap this makes that total history and turns all of it into a joke. even with a fire weakness on both kirin and oroshi kirin, monsters that use fire almost all are weak to thunder so theyre still greatly threatened especially since i put soothing song on them as a supportive measure.... didnt have to switch to stygian zinogre even once across 3 platinum cups... crazy lol

if the NPC with a black gravios appears just ignore him and go back to hitting the person. use some surrogate gems as well so heat laser does nothing to kirin and theres not much threat here either. even with this one the person is still too frail to withstand thundercall especially if all 5 hits get them (this is almost guaranteed to KO any person. i havent seen them survive all 5 blows when they take all of it). glacial pillar is just as ruinous as well... never thought id be laughing this hard on a platinum run, that was broken but absolutely classic... and traps never work because theyre elder dragons which sometimes the AI will be stupid and waste turns using them haha...

Back