Monster Hunter Stories: My favorite monsters to use post game & armor+ weapons i like

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
theres definitely a lot of good gear and good monsters in this game to use, but i thought id share my favorites just for fun and ask what your favorite monsters and rider gear are as well. i'll start with my favorite monsters and the moves i currently have on them.

Deviljho not a lot to argue with about this one tbh, he has very high HP and does insane amounts of damage with minimal effort. he has a really good attack called gluttony and this heals him and does heavy at the same time. he doesnt have poor defense either especially with gluttony and high HP in mind, and spread dragon breath is a pretty good AOE as well. if you get a second deviljho i recommend giving this attack to a stygian zinogre which is pretty good on him.

Kirin i like this one a lot as well... she has thundercall, very high speed (it seems almost impossible to outspeed her) and she has a good amount of healing power too making her a very awesome and strong partner. i dont do online battles in this game but i can confirm for people that do if your opponent uses a trap she will always ignore these. the rule of elder dragons being un-trappable still exists in stories which is a good time to switch to her so you dont have to worry about your other monsters getting stuck. giving her soothing song from a scrap qurupeco also makes stalling your enemy a lot easier especially when theyre weak to thunder (some very strong monsters struggle against kirin because of thunder weakness such as stygian zinogre and even deviljho can have a hard time against her). funny other thing is she has an attack that can reduce speed and paralyze too, and shes not very easy to knock down with very well rounded stats either which i love about her aside from her obvious power

White monoblos a VERY underrated and underused one from fans of this game going by observation on my end. he gets very high attack, a great move span as he levels up and unlike the strangely popular bulldrome he isnt hopelessly fragile in defense either. he gets decent HP which is also good, and i also have soothing bellow on him which isnt going to be final (i only did this because i didnt have an extra qurupeco at the time for soothing song which is much better), i used a bulldrome to give him lethal tackle as well since bulldrome doesnt scale well post game but this attack itself is good. he gets lock on by default which helps make up for a few lower accuracy attacks and this seems to have them always hit which is very good since white monoblos does well lowering enemy defense and having great power for a non element monster. he wont be one shotted by the later stuff either like bulldrome probably would due to poor defense.

Black Gravios this is another very underrated one. there are a number of late game monsters that can hit like a boss and kill you very quickly if you arent careful. black gravios has an awesome natural moveset and a few defense ignoring attacks along with one that increases accuracy which is great for bulky enemies and making sure his strongest attacks dont miss. the other reason black gravios is so OP is because he is ridiculously bulky and has good versatility with element resistance and only has a water penalty if i recall correctly. he ends with massive HP and almost 400 base defense making him an amazing help against damage sponges that either rely on status effects or just blunt power right off the bat such as brute tigrex (or any tigrex tbh). bulldrome is another one that is very helpless against black gravios, his attack isnt enough to rival the ridiculous defense of a black gravios which might help people who do any online vs

now my armor and weapon choice is honestly very straightforward. i only use the fatalis armor at this point and the hunting horn from him which reduces enemy defense to 0 for one turn--an amazing way to ruin bulky monsters like basarios, ruby basarios, gravios and even the notoriously annoying and powerful black gravios. the fatalis armor also gives immunity to ALL status ailments except blastblight (not sure if bleeding still works but only a couple monsters in the entire game do that one so...). this really nerfs monsters like nerscylla and shrouded nerscylla that rely on status punishing combos and makes them a lot easier to deal with. keep enough status immunities on your monster for fights like that and the enemy is pretty harmless with these kinds of otherwise dangerous combos. for my talisman i have order cost down L+ kinship L but i got VERY lucky with this one... so that part is a lot more individual because of RNG. but this is all my favorite gear and monsters, what are yours and why?

Back