monster hunter stories: the worst/ silly way to farm EXP

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i know a lot of people talk about farming barrel cats for EXP, and theres a few good ways to do it and it isnt very hard but you might want either a kirin or nargacuga to attack them and use a barrel bomb to reduce their chances of escaping as much as possible. this works flawlessly even on the high rank ones which give amazing EXP, 2 of these= 100K exp very effortlessly. so how could there be a wrong way to do this? well it isnt wrong per say but its what i like to call the unreliable way: use qurupeco or crimson qurupeco call on the map, and run unless you see a barrel cat when the encounter starts.

now this might sound incredibly easy and much easier than the previous instance i described, but it really doesnt seem to be... i did it a few times just to experiment and the rates of spawning them seems incredibly low with this method. i did not use a tracking charm though, and im also uncertain if very high levels on qurupeco or crimson qurupeco make this better and more effective (higher chances of rare spawns), but youre probably better off resetting areas or speedrunning tower floor 1-5 and then paw pass back to the beginning (this seems like the best way). i may power level one and see if that improves the chances of spawning the barrel cats but so far i think tower or resetting certain locations is best here. im not sure if we can perpetually reset HR dens for the very good barrel cats but i may try this soon as well... it would likely be the best way possible if this worked

Back