monster hunter stories: tower of illusion's double kirin, surviving the spammy carnage... (what i did to beat it)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
many people who've played and beaten this game have probably heard about this one, but there is a duo kirin fight very far into the tower post game and i will not lie when i say the rumors are true, this was absolutely deep water insanity. the kirins get 2 turns each (totalling to 4 turns on the opposing side, we only get 2 obviously...) and they use almost all thunder elemental attacks which is very bad as many of the strongest monsters of the game are weak to this. and while only one of their attacks seems to randomly inflict paralyze you absolutely must bring paralyze immunity on both your monster and person. if you dont do that, the only thing that has to go wrong is for either character to randomly get paralyzed then blam, easy way to fail thw entire thing and its back to floor 30. its difficult enough trying to survive the massive flurry of attacks to begin with here, and for that reason this well... took me a lot of thinking before i actually attempted this the first time. i refused to go at this fight without enough preparation since its one of those fights youre almost guaranteed to lose your first time if you were either too poorly prepared or running the tower blind (i had already heard the warnings of this fight fortunately...). luckily, i found a way to slow the health loss at least on the monster, the person its tougher since they get less defense without max grade armors. i would get the lagiacrus armor though so you get manageable defense and paralyze immunity so this doesnt ruin the whole fight and put you back to square one.

so what monster did i use? most are probably thinking deviljho or stygian zinogre but truth is i barely used deviljho here due to his thunder weakness, and i didnt have my stygian zinogre with me either. i actually used a lv 70 gravios with a thunder bingo and increased thunder defense without removing his fire genes. the reason for using gravios is because he doesnt have a natural thunder penalty and has very high base defense making him one of the best monsters to sponge all this garbage more easily. now unfortunately this was not a flawless gravios but it was enough that i only lost one heart for this whole fight (which got restored with an ancient potion) and i used restorative stance as much as i could with the person to boost needed heals, this was harder to squeeze in though since they attack 4 times every single turn. unless youre an expert at this game i dont advise using offensive builds here since RNG doing one thing wrong can easily kill the entire fight... and back to floor 30 if that happens

i did not have the lagiacrus armor fully upgraded as he did not want to spawn for me in the HR dens or the labyrinth, but i had it at around 80 defense or so which wasnt horrible but if you can have RNG cooperate when youre grinding HR parts elsewhere getting it to 90+ defense is probably much more ideal... i also think gravios at lv 80+ is best for this fight as well with the thunder resist genes or if youre lucky and found it black gravios is probably even better for this but i havent had much luck finding him sadly. hope to get him soon since i like the black gravios though. but this was how i survived this completely bullcrap difficulty fight.... if you got more upgrades and a better gravios or black gravios it might actually be easy to beat but the game would not cooperate 100% with me on monster spawns and such when grinding.

Back