• Thread starter Kakea
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kakea

Kakea

Survivor
Towns Folk
I need help with something, I'm doing something on Colors3D but I need inspiration.
(I'm embarrassed to admit...) I noticed the obvious "choose your favorite Pokémon"
thread, (and I have one :D ) but... I never seen anything for any other series...
So, I decided to use this opportunity to push my curiosity and my needs together!

What's your favorite monster from the Final Fantasy and/or Dragon Quest series?!

The first game I purchased from either series is, Final Fantasy Explorers,
and I've got rather excited/attached to my monsters. I even have my
favorites despite the mechanic being REALLY simple, after this I kinda got
curious about how extensive the "bestiary" was and if anyone else cared about it.

I'll get the ball rolling, my favorite is:
latest
Tonberry!!!
The design, effectiveness of it's fighting style, backstory and Concept is Awesome to me!
I also need others opinions to help me with my "thing", what's
your favorite monster from either series?

I need help with something, I'm doing something on Colors3D but I need inspiration.
(I'm embarrassed to admit...) I noticed the obvious "choose your favorite Pokémon"
thread, (and I have one :D ) but... I never seen anything for any other series...
So, I decided to use this opportunity to push my curiosity and my needs together!

What's your favorite monster from the Final Fantasy and/or Dragon Quest series?!

The first game I purchased from either series is, Final Fantasy Explorers,
and I've got rather excited/attached to my monsters. I even have my
favorites despite the mechanic being REALLY simple, after this I kinda got
curious about how extensive the "bestiary" was and if anyone else cared about it.

I'll get the ball rolling, my favorite is:
latest
Tonberry!!!
The design, effectiveness of it's fighting style, backstory and Concept is Awesome to me!
I also need others opinions to help me with my "thing", what's
your favorite monster from either series?

Oh geez, I hate the Tonberries! I mean, seeing them in the wild you'd think "Aw, how cute! These shouldn't be too hard" and then all of a sudden BAM! they one shot ya with Karma (It's especially bad in Final Fantasy VI. Even though you only encounter one as a boss, it will do an attack that will deal however many steps you've taken in the entire game in damage, and since you've almost beaten the game at that point your characters will die without question if they get hit). They can also get notorious in the Dissidia series, but since I've always beaten my opponent before Karma will work I've never had much difficulty with it.

They're not so bad in Explorers though, if you're strong you can just chain your abilities and take down a small group of 'em at once. I like what Square did for Tonberry Kings though, adding a kind of final attempt to kill the heroes by exploding was a nice touch.

But to answer your question, I think my favorite monster has to be the Chocobo!

Chocobos are kinda the icon for the FF series. They're useful in combat for Explorers due to having a good moveset, and with the Black and White chocobos you can have one for attacking and healing respectively (not to mention that they have the most catchy theme of possibly any other monster)

Kweh. c:

Oooh, they get a theme!? I wish Tonberries got one too!
Lol, I might be upset about Tonberries too if I ever played
a main game(?) in the series. But, so far they're so Awesome!

I'm thinking of something now... Thanks for your comment! :D

No prob! :3

Reactions: Kakea
I think Omega is pretty cool:

As for Dragon Quest, Sanguini:
latest

I think Omega is pretty cool:

As for Dragon Quest, Sanguini:
latest

I remember fighting Omega a little while ago... It was HARD! But I can see why you'll like it!
And, I remember seeing Sanguinis from watching my siblings play Dragonquest, this should give me a VERY interesting idea... Thanks!

Alright, since nobody else posts, I (might) be doing the last monster:
dragon_quest_v_conceptart_9kuQz.jpg
This is my favorite, because it helped alot during Hand Of the Heavenly Bride! This with a Healslime were my best friends! But... I kinda hated fighting them, when I was at a low level....
I couldn't kill any monster fast enough if more than one of these were on the enemy team!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back