More character choice ?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
Im not sure im the only one who thought of this, but wouldn't it be cool if we had more character choice in the main series of super Mario games ? Yes, we've had the choice to play as Luigi for quite some time, but do you think we should have a couple more added to more of the games?

Don't get me wrong, though. The games are fun and always were, but id like to see different playable character like toad or daisy for instance, maybe even rosalina later on. I doubt we would get peach here in most cases because she is the one who always gets caught by bowser, unless we had a slightly different story as in super Mario 3D world. What are your thoughts on this ?

More variety and gameplay differences are generally good. I wish Mario did like the Sonic Adventure games, with different characters - except done well, of course :p Each one could have unique mechanics to spice things up.

In Super Mario Bros. 2 you could play as Mario, Luigi, Toad, or Peach. Each had a special ability and that made things pretty interesting. The only problem with that is that it was only single-player.

If they did something like that but included MP, that would be cool.

In Super Mario Bros. 2 you could play as Mario, Luigi, Toad, or Peach. Each had a special ability and that made things pretty interesting. The only problem with that is that it was only single-player.

If they did something like that but included MP, that would be cool.

Yeah, i wrote my original post quite a while back and youre right. Super mario 2 is actually one of my old favorites, along with super mario 3. Even though 3 lacked character choice the awesome items and gameplay really made up for that in my opinion heh :p still too bad we didnt get to be peach or even luigi post game in mario odyssey though, that would've been amazing to experience. Even making toad playable wouldve been interesting to see in odyssey i think. While i dont have any major complaints about the game, this still wouldve been a great thing to see.

Having a mario game like sonic adventure would be sweet! Mario would go through each level just to take down bowser’s flags off flagpoles, and luigi could do something involving ghosts, or he could be like tails and race sonic through levels. Bowser could be fun, chasing away toads and preparing troops for when mario comes, and peach could have her own style of gameplay, kinda like she was in paper mario 1 and 2, and she could pull something from amy as well. Wario could be pulling some sort of money grabbing scheme, and waluigi (yes, he is finally playable) could try to help wario with his schemes, but misunderstand what wario wants to do and cause massive amounts of trouble for everyone. Bowser junior would be fun, and maybe could be the level organizer instead of bowserif bowser doesn’t do it. There could even be lakitu as a character, filming the events of the game and reporting it to bowser. I guess daisy might be in it too, but i dunno what she would do.

Reactions: Kadaj
Having a mario game like sonic adventure would be sweet! Mario would go through each level just to take down bowser’s flags off flagpoles, and luigi could do something involving ghosts, or he could be like tails and race sonic through levels. Bowser could be fun, chasing away toads and preparing troops for when mario comes, and peach could have her own style of gameplay, kinda like she was in paper mario 1 and 2, and she could pull something from amy as well. Wario could be pulling some sort of money grabbing scheme, and waluigi (yes, he is finally playable) could try to help wario with his schemes, but misunderstand what wario wants to do and cause massive amounts of trouble for everyone. Bowser junior would be fun, and maybe could be the level organizer instead of bowserif bowser doesn’t do it. There could even be lakitu as a character, filming the events of the game and reporting it to bowser. I guess daisy might be in it too, but i dunno what she would do.
wow while i havent played sonic i think this is a very creative idea ! i think something like this (if it happened) would probably have each scenario you described (by character) separated into either different modes or we would see a description listed with each character describing their goals and what the player has to do to help him/her. this sounds really super cool, but sadly i dont think we'll see this >.< (not for a while anyway), but still full credit for the great ideas !

Reactions: luigiFTW
Yeah I wish they had more variety than the main 4 and addded other character like they did with nabbit or rosalina

Yeah I wish they had more variety than the main 4 and addded other character like they did with nabbit or rosalina
its really a shame we didnt get more playable characters in super mario odyssey, like since we rescue the princess again in this game we couldve had the option to play as toad or luigi (which wouldve been awesome to try), or we couldve had daisy and rosalina playable which also wouldve been interesting. the only snag i can imagine with this for odyssey though is how the player costumes would work out since we dont have powerups as in previous games and the health circle replaces this with the costumes >.< not sure if that part would go over well

It would be nice to not only be using Mario, And maybe make it like Mario 2 where you could play we Mario, Luigi, toad or peach.

What the Mario series needs to do is to have Mario be playable and after you beat the game and/or get every star coin you get new character to play as just like New Super Mario Bros only have the characters be different and they get their own special levels sort of like in Wario Land 2 where there's basically a different Wario ability (which could be a Super Mario power up) that either helps or hinders him and he needs that ability to progress.

What the Mario series needs to do is to have Mario be playable and after you beat the game and/or get every star coin you get new character to play as just like New Super Mario Bros only have the characters be different and they get their own special levels sort of like in Wario Land 2 where there's basically a different Wario ability (which could be a Super Mario power up) that either helps or hinders him and he needs that ability to progress.
great idea, the only thing that sometimes kinda sucked about new super mario bros in my opinion here was there'd be times id want to start a new game as luigi (excluding NSMB wii here) and it would be nice to at least have him and maybe one more when you start, but unlock some later in the game like how we got rosalina in star world in super mario 3d world (this was ok in this game since the post game was huge with all the special worlds and other stuffs). meaning i wouldnt really wanna get the new character after 100% the game when there's nothing left to do ... just have a better unlock point/ conditions that would make more sense for lack of better words

Back