More Mario Kart 8 Quality Has Been Announced for the Wii U Having Fast Framerates

• Thread starter jams3223
  • Start date
jams3223

jams3223

The Task Blanker
Towns Folk
Technology analysis site Digital Foundry has anounced their final verdict on the received Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U.
The publication says that Nintendo’s latest kart racer is 720p quality native,which goes against some of the rumours stating at a 1080p quality.Nintendo also claimed to have the game run at a constant speed of 60 frames per second, but the game generally dips to 59 frames per second.

There has been a surprising amount of confusion surrounding the resolution of the game with some rumor even suggesting a native 1080p presentation for the Mario Kart 8 but We can finally put that rumour to rest and confirm that Mario Kart 8 instead operates at what is the console’s standard 1280×720.

Considering the quality of the visuals, this can hardly be considered as a disappointment especially when other developers are working to hit 1080p consistently on more powerful hardware.What is surprising however is the complete omission of anti-aliasing in any forms.

I am confused... Is Mario Kart 8 running at 1080p, 720p, or 1280x720. Also I really don't care if Mario Kart 8 is 60fps but it dips to 59fps, I have an old HP Mini 1000 with Ubuntu and I tried running Minecraft, I got it to run but at 3-1fps... That was bad.

Huh. If I ever see anyone complain about it being 59FPS I'll be sad.

I am confused... Is Mario Kart 8 running at 1080p, 720p, or 1280x720. Also I really don't care if Mario Kart 8 is 60fps but it dips to 59fps, I have an old HP Mini 1000 with Ubuntu and I tried running Minecraft, I got it to run but at 3-1fps... That was bad.

It runs at 720p.

Huh. If I ever see anyone complain about it being 59FPS I'll be sad.
It runs at 720p.
Exactly, my thoughts!

Gamers today, all they care about is the graphics, and (IMO) a racing game doesn't need 1080p, 720p is fine for me, if I see someone comment (especially on Twitter) that they won't buy a game that dips to 59FPS occasionally, I will be depressed as well. :panda:

On my PC, I have very rarely played at a constant 30 FPS. I'm very glad most console games are optimized to run at a steady framerate because that does make a difference in gameplay. 720p for resolution is crisp and good enough and 59-60 FPS is excellent as well (no one will notice the dip).

Back