More Wii U consoles sold than Xbox 360 in Japan

• Thread starter lludawg
  • Start date
Er, it's because Microsoft is an American company and they don't really know how to go about appealing to Japan. Microsoft has like no exclusives that people in Japan are going to see the system as worth buying.

As @Nanamine said, the Xbox 360 doesn't interest Japanese people due to the lack of games they like, and mostly because they prefer consoles made by them.

But in any case, the WiiU is getting great sales there, so I'm looking forward to the next charts (since it's weekly).

The PS3, PS4, PS Vita and PSP is also made in Japan they also have great sales there too but Nintendo seems to bypass them, not by far though. I really haven't used my Wii U/3DS in quite a while other than playing a 10-30min session of Mario Kart 8/7

The PS3, PS4, PS Vita and PSP is also made in Japan they also have great sales there too but Nintendo seems to bypass them, not by far though. I really haven't used my Wii U/3DS in quite a while other than playing a 10-30min session of Mario Kart 8/7

The PSP is starting to be removed from the charts, since its production has stopped a few months ago. As for the Vita, it's a handheld, so, it goes to the 2nd place (just behind the 3DS, who does 20/25k units/week), and generally, she does 15k ~ 20k units sold per week, so it's a good score.

But actually, the scores for the consoles are the average. Wait for the end of the year, and you'll see: It'll be raining WiiUs, PS4s, PS3s, 3DSs, Vitas and even the X1s (since Microsoft decided to release it there in September. Maybe to prepare games that will interest Japanese Players) in Japan !

And as you can expect, the WiiU sales were boosted by Mario Kart 8, and they'll explode when SSB4 will be released!

Microsoft has had historically poor sales in Japan. Microsoft is the only American company out of the Big Three so it makes sense that their games don't really appeal to Japanese gamers who already have exclusives from Sony and Nintendo coming out in that region. If the Wii U was to fall behind any Microsoft console in Japan, it would be sort of shameful (or should I say it would be a shamefur dispray?).

I think is just a matter of time that people start realizing how good the wii u is. It is not something because I just love Nintendo but we have to be honest, wii u is not very popular because people just want shooters and that stuff. I wonder many times I hear a friend of mine talking about how bad the wii u is and I wonder have you ever got to play a mario game? Mario kart game? Donkey kong game?

Back