More Zelda?

• Thread starter Maddie
  • Start date
Maddie

Maddie

The Hero in Green
Towns Folk
Do you prefer Zelda over Mario games? Why or why not?

Nothing against Zelda, but I've always been a Mario fan. I don't know why, but I've always found Mario games to be more fun and entertaining. Plus, I think Mario has become more popular than Zelda. I'm not saying that I only play Mario games for their popularity. I just think that Mario is more widely known that Zelda.

I prefer the Super Mario series of games over the The Legend of Zelda series of games, mostly because I grew up with playing Super Mario games more than The Legend of Zelda games. I just recently got into the The Legend of Zelda series, actually.

Zelda for me. I would choose it over Mario any day. I grew up with Zelda mainly, and I've generally loved all the games from that series. Mario is OK, but Zelda is just more enjoyable to play, and has much more hours in it.

I love Mario too much, and besides... I don't even like Zelda that much and that's a shame because OoT 3DS put a bad taste in my mouth - but I would love to try out A Link Between Worlds on the 3DS and whatever Zelda games are on the Wii U when I eventually get one.

I grew up with both, but I would choose The Legend of Zelda over Mario easily. Honestly, I think Mario games are extremely overrated now days.

I prefer the Super Mario series since I enjoy playing in the Mushroom Kingdom more than I do in Hyrule. However, recent Mario games have been too easy and aren't as fun as some of the older games. In fact, with Majora's Mask 3D and Zelda U coming out soon, I might just change my mind about my favorite series. I think that Zelda's Quality > Mario's Quantity.

Arguably my two favorite game franchises. I'll give a slight edge to Mario games. I think the replay values are higher. Also the more recent Mario games are tough to beat for multiplayer fun!

Zelda for sure! It's definately one of my favourite -or maybe my favourite- video game franchises. Every Zelda-game feels like an adventure, so many things to explore, all kinds of secret things, weird new characters to get to know and the music makes everything even better! Also, Zelda-games have an open world, which I prefer over levels. It has this weird and unique feeling, and for some reason I can't get enough of it. I like a Mario a lot too, especially Super Mario 64 and the Mario & Luigi series, but it's still an easy decision to make for me, whilst I'm usually really bad at decision-making :p

I'm a fan of the Zelda franchise. It is in fact, one of my favorite franchises. I like how you go on a big adventure, travel through parts of the Zelda world, battling monsters and bosses, etc. The exploration is great, too. You can meet new and different characters who help you on your journey, or make your journey harder, which makes the storyline more enjoyable. The Zelda soundtrack is pretty good too, and it appeals to me more then Mario. The soundtrack is just amazing, and unique. The music just has a feel to it. Also, I'm not a fan of levels. I hate games with levels. I prefer open-world games, like Zelda and Pokemon. I'm not saying I hate Mario, it just that I'm not a fan of it.

I definitely choose Zelda series over the Mario series, mostly because Zelda series is much more organized and can be classified as an actually series with its own Hyrule historia and all that. Meanwhile Mario games are just flown right out there to no mans land and don't follow an order of any kind, Zelda games have more depth and emotion and is by far the best video game series ever created. Zelda forever!

Back