Ultimate Most annoying ways to die, what do you think? (anywhere, online or offline)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
So i couldnt help myself yesterday evening and got sephiroth early, hes as cute as i imagined he would be and i probably a new main right here (byleth will be a sub backup for me though since ive done her so much), but there was one tiny detail that reminded me of my annoying accidents when i was doing bayonetta a while back: down air suicide.

Im pretty sure most know about this danger with her, and it seems like it will be back to downward air caution with sephiroth as well (i played him for about 3 hours yesterday before i had to quit to get some stuff done and had about 5 or 7 deaths like this when it seemed like i was still on the map and the game didnt want to agree with me here as you can imagine). For me, this is easily one of the most annoying ways to die possible. Another thing thats annoying (not to mention pitifully broken and will probably never get nerfed for whatever reason... this is the real monstrosity when you have another 2-3 CPUs item or special spamming) is in some spirit fights, the AI starts with a dang stinking basball bat and the real problem isnt the item but the fact they arent isolated and you have too much junk everywhere else trying to drive you crazy. Tbh though i find ore clubs worse due to the fact they can sit there and dirt camp you with that annoying wind attack, and unless youre doing sephiroth or someone who can counterattack its not very pleasant trying to get rid of these dumb CPUs. Most characters wont get enough jump heigth and air dodge isnt enough if they lob another one too soon. Its also a lot worse because you cant just sit there and use ranged specials on them either since they shoot the wind and dont try to get close

I know spike kills are probably very, very annoying online but being a solo player im not sure how many seem to know about these. When i did go online for the heck of it i rarely saw people even attempt spike kills, including using byleth and bayonetta who have some of the easiest spike kills possible in the game which is odd. Im not even a pro and i know how to do this with most of the characters ive used so this is a bit surprising tbh.

And whats more annoying than all of this? Spammers... just sit there and charge nuetral with corrin and byleth and such. I havent run into spammers often being a non regular online but ive seen a big handful of them in youtube videos and boy the carnage is real. I dont think sephiroth is going to be a spammer problem though, you actually need to be tactical with him unlike some others who have silly spam potential so people who wanna just spam probably wont use him online much. Out of all these, id rank:

#1: Down Air SD (when youre a bayonett or sephiroth person)
#2: spamming
#3: Ore club camping (please... stop... argh)
#4: batting practice

now i do realize the bat will OHKO you regardless of damage, but unless you set items a silly way or have very, very misfortunate RNG it wont appear often (ive seen ore clubs more than this personally), and there are two very easy ways out of the instant death. Unlike ore clubs they actually need to get close where pretty much any character can roll behind them with a basic dodge then grab and throw them or a strong down air kills them as well and some characters can do enough damage to have the other person instantly drop the item. Then of course either use it against them, or throw it out so to speak and lob it off the cliff (this is safer since no one can grab it if you do this and mid air it might actually damage them if they dont catch it on time as well). Very basic solution unlike ore clubs where you cannot afford to be too far away and need to bum-rush the person to avoid being stuck air dodging (this is pretty annoying). The top two are because theyre easily more common instances/ unexpected accidents and such from my experience

What do you think is the most annoying way to lose stocks?

Reactions: Deepak and Jisenku
Dying from a failed horizontal recovery, no matter what character. That just stings, even if you are pretty high up and you can't grab that ledge even though you have a good recovery. ;~;

Reactions: Kadaj
Dying from a failed horizontal recovery, no matter what character. That just stings, even if you are pretty high up and you can't grab that ledge even though you have a good recovery. ;~;
Exactly! This is the other half of my overall deaths with people and im almost always like "oh come on". You can have very low damage and still die like this, it blows =P

Warning: dont use little mac... he suffers from this worst of all. I stopped using him a long while back because of it >_<

Reactions: Jisenku
Sometimes, I try going for a flashy kill by doing down air off stage hoping for a spike. Or using wolf’s reflector and hopefully gimp them offstage. But I tend to mess up a lot.

And a super annoying method to die is when I accidentally air dodge off stage. Just one mis input and i’m basically dead.

I also hate an deaths caused be assist trophies in spirit battles. Some of the assist trophies are the WORST and can makes you literally pull your hair out.

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku
Most annoying way to die for me is when you are playing fox or one of the characters like that and you accidently use the side b dash move off the ledge or you accidently use your up B fire attack/recovery move and end up just free falling off the edge of the map not being able to do anything cause you stuck in that free fall animation

Getting hit by a move with super armor. Special fall as Pit. Getting hit when using Pit side special because it has armor but it doesn't at the same time. FLUDD and Water Gun KOs on moves like Ike side special and the best part is it doesn't do damage. If you get hit by Ore Club then that's more of a character specific problem and it's not even tournament legal so you're just doing it against your will. Projectile jump reads are pretty hilarious as well. Especially Samus Charge shot. Jump with no time to react otherwise. BAM, you're dead. They call aerials safe but they really aren't.

Reactions: Deepak
Getting hit by a move with super armor. Special fall as Pit. Getting hit when using Pit side special because it has armor but it doesn't at the same time. FLUDD and Water Gun KOs on moves like Ike side special and the best part is it doesn't do damage. If you get hit by Ore Club then that's more of a character specific problem and it's not even tournament legal so you're just doing it against your will. Projectile jump reads are pretty hilarious as well. Especially Samus Charge shot. Jump with no time to react otherwise. BAM, you're dead. They call aerials safe but they really aren't.
I know that pain whenever I fight you

• Funny
Reactions: Artisan
Not against your will when a dumb NPC has it in a spirit battle. You either do it or give up in this case. I never turn ore clubs or bats on, only some healing items (not the heart or fairy bottle as these heal way too much. Im not out for infinite battle). any regular battle its easy to just keep the dirt items off and use either none or more subtle ones like a sword that cant OHKO or cheap stun lock.

Also, i noticed during a struggle against phantom thieves spirit that the dang baseball bat gets super armor and it should NEVER have that even for a brief moment, this is as stupid as it gets. Talk about unfair! and it wouldnt be so flipping annoying if there werent a million people blocking you off, its flat out dirt cheap.

Though for regular gameplay i think a lot of spamming can be annoying, its predictable but some things do a nasty job of keeping you away and pk fire is probably one of the worst, its pretty much an insta-kill lock since you get stunned to oblivion and then a smash attack at moderate damage is easily death (good luck getting out of this... especially if you cant play ness/lucas/palutena or sephiroth... idk who else can fight it off effectively besides these ones and zelda).

Back