Most challenging Zelda item to get?

• Thread starter Furnix
  • Start date
Furnix

Furnix

Waster of Play Coins
Towns Folk
What item do you think is the most challenging to get in the legend of zelda? I think it was the heart piece on fun fun island in skyward sword. It was frustrating and annoying I never want to do it again. I would love to know what you think!

I wouldn't say too frustrating, but getting the fire/ice arrows in Windwaker. Timed stuff always stresses me out lol and it took me a while to finish the Ice one. That was because, once I got inside, I didn't know where to go and kept falling numerous times, looking at the time xD. But, eh, that's just me.

Reactions: Mikaya
probably the great fairy sword or the fierce deity mask from Majora's mask

Couple's Mask in Majora's Mask. To get it, you have to go through the Anju and Kafei side-quest. It is pretty time consuming to get it. The side-quest spans from morning on the first day, all the way to the last five minutes on the third day, right before the fate of Termina is sealed. In real life, it is time consuming as well, taking a good hour or two if you focus, just for that one mask.

Reactions: frogczar
I think that the most challenging item to get is the Ice Arrows from The Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time . Both the normal and the Master Quest version . The trial thingy was really tricky to traverse and it was really annoying when you miss a key and in the Master Quest , it is even harder since it really requires a good look at little things .

The Ultimate/master sword (not sure) from phantom hourglass. Like you would literally have to get so many things to just get that 1 freaking sword. But it was sooo worth it so.

Ocarina of time
The gerudo training grounds to get the ice arrows are really difficult /annoying. The little gerudo guys are such a pain.
I tried to do it without the scarecrow song for like forever. I was forced to learn the scarecrow song in the end, another nuisance.

I hated trying to get the Ice Arrows from Ocarina of Time because I just couldn't locate any of the more hidden keys without help from the internet :rage: It was one of the most challenging things to do for me in Zelda games, other than some bosses/temples.

Probuably that shard thing that comes out of Links head in Twilight Princess.
I don't know if you'd class it as a item but it is used as one cuz it allows you to transform at will, and teleport wherever at will too.
It was a pain to get through however many strains of light that you have to collect.
Mark :p

The Ice Arrows in Ocarina of Time was hard to get. You have to locate the missing keys in the Gerudo Training Grounds, and most of them are blocked with a puzzle such as you have to hit a couple of switches before a certain amount of time before they reset. Some of them are even laying around at a random place. I didn't find all of them (I had 8 I think) and I tried to find the shortest way possible to the chest. I would save then reset if I messed up. I eventually got them, and I went through all that trouble just to NOT use them.

I think that the most challenging item to get in any Zelda game would have to be the fire arrows, ice arrows, and iron boots in Wind Waker. First off, the game doesn't tell you that you need them, so when dungeon progression requires them, it can become quite frustrating. Second, the strictly-timed circumstances under which you have to obtain them makes it even more of a challenge.

The Heart Container at the end of the Boss battle in the Water Temple from Majora’s Mask. Don’t you dare say it’s anything else. Because the Water Temple is equivalent to hell. :(

But seriously, that’s probably one of the hardest temples to beat in the history of Zelda’s, right?

Back