Most replayed game?

• Thread starter Mikaya
  • Start date
Mikaya

Mikaya

úwù
Towns Folk
Which title did you start a new game on many occasions and complete numerous times? what are your reasons why? is the game so good that it makes you come back for more, time and time again? xD

I replayed Ocarina of time many times because it's just so fun progressing through such an amazing storyline. There's so much to do to keep me busy, and I like to relive those awesome moments!

I'm not sure anymore since it's been a really long time, but it's probably Resident Evil 4, I've honestly completed that game more times than I could count (sometimes twice or three times in a day). Or maybe Kingdom Hearts 2, which I've also completed plenty of times.

If we're talking about Nintendo games though, it's probably Ace Attorney or 999, Ace Attorney because of the long gaps I'd take between playing it, I'd end up forgetting most of the story, and 999 because of the multiple possible endings XD

It all depends on the platform. For GBA, it's mostly Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, because I still have my old, first save on it, and for nothing in the world I'd erase it (so the save is pretty old, since around 2008-2009 if I recall). Oh, and my good old LeafGreen cartridge I found not too long ago, and this time, the save is even older (2006!).

For the Wii/GameCube, it was Zelda Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, because I remember that when TP was out, it was the game that managed to properly use the GameCube's capabilities, and overall, I enjoyed how they kept some references to Ocarina of Time. As for OoT, it was most likely because I saw my sister play it all the time (along with Majora's Mask).

Reactions: Mikaya
I'd have to go for Ocarina of Time as well xD I've played the main story over and over again and it never really gets boring :p Either it be normal or master quest, I've probably played the main story about 30 times approximately :D
Now that I think of it, a lot of other Zelda games I've played, I replayed them many times, such as LoZ: ALTTP and LoZ: ALBW. I guess this is how LoZ games count in its replayability x3

Some other games I've replayed in a probable amount would be PMD: EoS/GtI, Pkmn White Version, and Fire Emblem (GBA)

It would the Pokémon series I just restart the game because I'd forget what I was doing when I stopped playing it and I wanted to try a new Starter.

Also Animal Crossing because I'd play again after so long of not playing and realize I hate my town and character.

I recently continued to play Contra and Castlevania. Contra is one of my favorite game series and I would load it on my Wii U. I also like to play it with my dad, since it's more fun that way. Castlevania, on the other hand, is also one of my favorites. This game made me rage so much that I couldn't wait to be done with it. Even after I beat it, I continued to replay it.

My most replayed game would have to be Pokemon Blue Mystery Dungeon. Not only was it one of my first games; it was also one of the most emotional. I love the story just as much now as I did when I first played it, and the music at some points was beautiful. It's sequel, Explorers of Time, is probably the second most played, though I lost that game two years ago. I want to buy either Darkness or Sky because I really love the PMD games, and I heard that GTI was a really disappointment. Pretty excited for Super though...

Probably Super Mario 64.

The title that I've restarted the most would probably be Skyrim. I used to play Skyrim ALL the time. And with no class system, and complete freedom, random encounters, and addictive combat, it's actually one of the few games I can say is worthy of a second (maybe even third) play through. Another game I could replay is Borderlands. It's fun and addictive as well. On a Nintendo note, I would say that Pokemon B&W were also very replay-friendly :)

I believe that the game I have completed the greatest number of times would be Ocarina of Time. Not only have I played it multiple times on one system, I have played its many different versions on multiple different consoles. There was just nothing like this game back in the day...

Going through an entire playthrough, from start to finish? That'd be quite different from most played since some games are shorter than others, or have more opportunities to go through the story with different decisions or builds, sometimes both. I can think of two I've played multiple times over for these two reasons.

First, Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance, or more simply shortened to Disgaea 5 Complete in the version I played. There's a lot of opportunity to challenge myself when I go through the game or use a different build entirely. For one run, I challenged myself to clear each map in one turn; in another, I did a solo run. Another failed run had me trying to complete the entire game without growths but that proved too easy after I found multiple exploits. Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

Additionally, Disgaea 5 also happens to be my most played Switch game, as well as perhaps one of my most played games ever.

Second, Fire Emblem Awakening. I watched a speedrun on it once and then managed to complete the game in two hours using a similar strategy. One day, I played the entire game multiple times over in a single day, and I believe I have done it a few more times since then. So this could quite easily rival the much more recently played Disgaea 5, even if I've only played it a fraction of the time I've spent on Disgaea.

Pokemon Blue. Even when I complete it I always try new teams and go with moves that work. I did maybe two routes with Venusaur and did very well sweeping Lorelei's team. I still do the glitches for convenience and piece of mind knowing I can 100% the game without trading with a friend and gain levels very easily. I played it 3 or 4 times all the way through.

If I had a second game to add maybe Smash Bros. Melee because I've had it so long and the fun of wavedashing and the difficulty that's really hard especially in adventure mode. I wish it was connected to a CRT but other than that I've played it so many times I know how good Marth and Jigglypuff actually are not just by sight but by mind. Also Sheik is very strong compared to most other iterations.

Back