Mario Kart Most Strategic Course

• Thread starter 423
  • Start date

Content at Heart
Towns Folk
What is the most strategic course in Mario Kart 8? Two main choices come to mind when I think about this: Yoshi Valley and Toad Turnpike. I'd lean more toward Toad Turnpike though, as there are a few factors that you need to have in mind to come in 1st place.

-There aren't really that many boosts in this level that you can easily get to, so you need maximum coins to gain the most speed.
-As in most Mario Kart Courses: The shortest rout is the best rout.
-Having a good lead can help you recover quickly.

Yeah, I'd say Yoshi's Valley. There are so many different paths and a lot of people aren't going to know which one to take.

Reactions: 423
I guess Donut Plains, because there are so few sets of item boxes that you need to know exactly what you're going to do with your few items in order to win.

Yeah, I'd say Yoshi's Valley. There are so many different paths and a lot of people aren't going to know which one to take.
First, take the cannon. Then, go straight to the cave. (Beside the cannon route.) Take the bride for the last lap and there!

There all really easy...

Last edited by a moderator:
First, take the cannon. Then, go straight to the cave. (Beside the cannon route.) Take the bride for the last lap and there!

The cannon is one of the slower routes though. The bridge is fastest but it's also smart to take the cave route because it gives lots of coins. If you're just playing super casually, though, it would be fun to take the cannon route.

I guess Donut Plains, because there are so few sets of item boxes that you need to know exactly what you're going to do with your few items in order to win.

I was thinking Donut Plains as well mainly because of the mini shortcut you can take around the color-cubed wall in the water. It can be very risky at times, so I take it preferably when I'm in the lead.

I took the cannon rout like, once and dropped by 5 standings lol. It's one of the worst routs in my opinion. The cave is great, if not better than the lumber bridge.

Back