MysticSniper

MysticSniper

Spirit of a Dragon
Towns Folk
This is what I'm thinking right now;
frosslass @ big root
timid nature
cursed body
moves; taunt, draining kiss, calm mind, frost breath.

Taunt so you have to risk getting cursed. Calm mind for better survivability. Draining kiss to keep hp up, and big root to support it. Frost breath to get past any buffs you have. I haven't bred it yet, so I haven't decided on EVs yet, though I might do 252 hp if only so it can survive its tuant.

I think your set is decent. But I think Ice Beam can serve you much better than Frost Breath despite the guaranteed crit. Other than that I think you have a fine chandelure, but for EVs with the moveset you currently have I recommend 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP.

Thanks for your help. Btw, this is for frosslass, not chandalure.

Thanks for your help. Btw, this is for frosslass, not chandalure.
Ik, which is why I said Ice Beam >.>
And the EVs could work similarly but I guess you could interchange the Sp Atk for HP if 252 HP is what you're going for, though I wouldn't see why

That's quite a typo then. Anyway, the 252 hp would be because her defenses only have a 70 base, which would mean taunt is very dangerous for her to use in the first. That much hp means she can take at least she can take a hit, then use draining kiss to get most of it back. I gave it some though and this is the EV spread I might use; 252 sp. atk, 100 hp, 52 def, sp. def, and spd.

That's quite a typo then. Anyway, the 252 hp would be because her defenses only have a 70 base, which would mean taunt is very dangerous for her to use in the first. That much hp means she can take at least she can take a hit, then use draining kiss to get most of it back. I gave it some though and this is the EV spread I might use; 252 sp. atk, 100 hp, 52 def, sp. def, and spd.
If your worried about froslass getting OHKO'd then make it hold a Focus Sash. It'll guarantee that it will live for at least a turn (assuming this is singles) and saves the HP EVs for something that can benefit it more like speed.

Not worried about OHKO, she doesn't have a 4x weakness, and anything that could OHKO her, I need to switch into someone else to take it out. Again, I'm trying to make her curse body very dangerous, so she should be able to survive more than 2 hits since the chance of cursing someone is only 30%.
EDIT:
I just reallized a way for the focus sash to really work out on her: useing the EV spread you suggested, replace calm mind with destiny bond. Use taunt on the first turn to force an attack on the second. Then, if the focus sash activates, use destiny bond to cause a KO on the opponent no matter what.

Last edited:
Not worried about OHKO, she doesn't have a 4x weakness, and anything that could OHKO her, I need to switch into someone else to take it out. Again, I'm trying to make her curse body very dangerous, so she should be able to survive more than 2 hits since the chance of cursing someone is only 30%.
Oh I see what you're trying now. a cursed body suicider type thing. Well if that's the case then your big root is fine for the draining kiss. But the main thing you have to make sure with this is that you predict a physical attack which you could switch your froslass here for the cursed body, and then try trapping them with Mean Look or Arena Trappers so that if they do get cursed they can't switch out and rid the curse. Speaking of, what does the team look like? The team you plan to put this froslass on I mean.

Don't really have a team for it yet. Might go with a grass type of some kind at the very least.

Don't really have a team for it yet. Might go with a grass type of some kind at the very least.
A good way to think about team members is thinking what either counters froslass or fears it's existence. And for the set you're trying to run, I recommend the latter half. Think of teambuilding like a circle, where you have 1 Pokemon that you feel has to be the start of 99% of the battles you do, then have a pokemon which counters it's weakness, so on and so forth. By the time you get to the 6th Pokemon you should find that all the pokemon can cover each other well.

Keeping that in mind try making a team for this cursed body to star!

After considering what she needs covered by others, I came up with this team:
Lucario (m: Cobalt) @ lucarioite
jolly
adaptability
252 atk & spd, 4 hp
close combat, bullet punch, rock slide, swords dance.

Absol (f: Eva) @ razor claw
jolly
super luck
252 atk & spd, 4 hp
night slash, psycho cut, stone edge, hone claws.

vaporeon @ quick claw
bold
water absorb (storm drain if that's its ha(
252 hp & def, 4 sp. def
baton pass, wish/aqua ring, acid armor, agility.

ninetails (f: Corona) @ kee berry
modest
flash fire
252 sp. Atk, 128 hp & spd
flamethrower, hex, extrasensory/energy ball, will o wisp.

aggron (m: Shean) @ weakness polocy/ leftovers
jolly
sturdy
forget its EVs and don't feel like reset bagging right now
iron tail, hone claws, brick break, toxic/ protect.

Let's continue this as a conversation: don't think my phone will load another reply.

Back