• Thread starter PersonSP
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
PersonSP

PersonSP

Writing- 'n-Drawing-aholic
Towns Folk
My 3Ds doesn't seem to recognise all the music I put on the SD card. They're all mp3 format (I checked, twice) but some songs just don't show up in the player, even though they are in the music folder on the 3DS. How come? How do I fix this?

Tagging a few people who seem to be magical with the tech issues of the 3DS: @ErixSan @Spinnerweb (Jk, just tagging people who helped me out the previous time my 3Ds did something weird. :p)

This may seem random, but it worked for me. Change the name of the song file, and it may work. (example: Song34, rename to TheSong34)

This is all I got.

Quoting this from a Nintendo Support article here.
*Do not place your music files in the Nintendo 3DS folder on the SD card. Music files in this folder will not be visible when using Nintendo 3DS Sound.
*Only folders with music files saved in them will be displayed. The maximum number of folders displayed is 1,000.
*If there are two or more folders with the same name on an SD card, the music files in those folders ill be combined into one folder.
*The maximum number of music files displayed is 3,000.
*A maximum of 100 music files per folder will be displayed.
*Folders and files with hierarchies deeper than eight levels will not be displayed.
*Folder names are unrelated to hierarchy depth. They are displayed in numeric and alphabetical order.
Maybe something above isn't complying :p

A maximum of 100 music files per folder will be displayed.
Oh. I put 148 music files on the SD card. I'll just try splitting them up over 2 folders then.

Thanks for the help!

Problem solved! Thanks everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2071 and 18
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back